Carnival's Imagination

mstraceyag

could anybody tell me who the CD is on the imagination?

my parents and I well be sailing on it april 1st 2006.

thanks

islandgurl

I was on the imagination last week and the cruise director was Brent Mitchell. He was quite funny especially at the newlywed show.

As far as the food goes I thought most of it was very good. I didn't really care for the lobster and that was the meal I was most looking forward too. It was kind of tough and tasteless. Also the turkey dinner on the last night was horrible take my advice and stay away from it. The other 3 meals were fantastic. I had the lamb on the first night then the other 2 nights I ordered off the menu. Just asked for a filet and a baked potato and got it with no problem. I am very easy to please give me a big steak and a potato with lots of sour cream and I am happy.

If you like roast beef they have it for lunch on the first day and it was sooo good. They never had it again that I saw so be sure to get it when you can.

Sounds good :)

I don't want to gain weight tee hee...but the pizza/caesar salad sounds good, I have also read on other reviews that they will make calzones for ya, so that is an option also

which is the "formal" night?

maybe I will ask for extra veggies at dinner

are the appetizers any good? I like appetizer sort of food a lot, I am not that concerned about breakfast

I have heard good things about Imagination really, looking forward to this cruise.

how is the coffee?>?

any suggestion which hot tub/tubs are best, more adult etc?

good place to get lounge chair on deck?

thanks

Cheri

Imagination 5/8-5/13 Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios

quote=mstraceyag]...... but the 10 lbs that folks said you will put on while cruising, oh my goodness, WHEN, HOW?

:D Stats in Cruise Travel magazine say (and it's what I've always heard), the average passenger on a 7 night cruise gains 5 lbs.

I think that's easy to do. There's SO much food offered 24 hrs. a day on a cruise, and folks do a lot of relaxing and very little exercising, so yeah, I can see that.

Being from Boston its really hard to top our lobsters we get but dammmmn, what happened?

Well, I'm from New Orleans, and I learned a LONG time ago not to order anything like gumbo, jambalaya, or red beans 'n rice - anywhere except in our area! I'd think it would be the same with somebody from your area - great lobsters there, but the ones on the ship are frozen and either Florida or Caribbean lobster, so there's no comparison.

If you only had dinner in the dining room twice, you missed a lot of really good food and variety. The Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand, Filet Mignon, Chilean Sea Bass, Long Island Duckling, Leg of Lamb, etc. etc. - some very good entrees. Sorry you missed them.

Many folks do like the buffet food - I'm not one of them - but buffet food is buffet food, on land or sea. I like having all three meals each day in the formal dining room. The variety is great, the foods are much fresher, and always served straight from the kitchen to my table, and I LOVE personal service...:)

Hi...our cruise on imagination leaves from Miami

I think I will try to eat in the dining room at least for the dinners,

any "good choices" vs bad appreciated, info on appetizers too...

thanks

Cheri

Imagination May 8-13 Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios

Archived