MERGED: Queen Mary 2 world voyage 2024 Itinerary Change

tjunmin

We decided to cancel as the whole holiday had changed so much.  We too have had a full refund (well nearly, still waiting for £3,500) also on the 8th of Feb back to our credit cards.
Busy researching a replacement trip on the QM - never been on her and really want to!!

20 hours ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

Transit visa can be organised online before boarding, or the crew will assist you via your smart phone once onboard.

I have not been able to find information from the official Sri Lanka immigration website regarding free transit visa. The only available eVisa is over US$200! The website from one of the previous posts does not direct to an application site. Should we just wait until we board the ship in Singapore and let Cunard crew help us or wait until we reach Colombo and process entry visa to go on our shore excursion then?

1 minute ago, VIII88 said:

I have not been able to find information from the official Sri Lanka immigration website regarding free transit visa. The only available eVisa is over US$200! The website from one of the previous posts does not direct to an application site. Should we just wait until we board the ship in Singapore and let Cunard crew help us or wait until we reach Colombo and process entry visa to go on our shore excursion then?

I used this website and received the free transit visa: https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuthBen3 said:

Lonelyplanet.com says: “Two-day transit visas are free and only necessary if you plan to leave the airport.

Cunard says (from the daily program distributed on board): 

Sri Lanka Visa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, VIII88 said:

Here’s the instructions provided on board the QM2:

Visa Requirements - Sri Lanka

It you are visiting Sri Lanka as part of your cruise itinerary (arriving and leaving Sri Lanka with the ship), ALL guests are required to obtain a Transit ETA online (www.eta.gov.k). A Transit ETA is free of charge.

When completing your application, please note the following:

• "Port of Departure" is the previous port you are scheduled to visit prior to arrival in Sri Lanka(Phuket, Thailand).
  • "Final Destination" is the port where you will be ending your cruise.
  • "Vessel Number" is the cruise number (M408).
  • "Address in Sri Lanka" is the ship name(Queen Mary 2), if applying for a Transit ETA.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:50 PM, VIII88 said:

Yes you can complete this on board.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:50 AM, VIII88 said:

Here is the website link I used:

https://eta.gov.lk/etaslvisa/etaNavServ
select I agree and then apply for an individual Transit ETA

Many thanks to all those that responded regarding visas for Sri Lanka. Our transit visas are now in course of issue with no payment required.

The Official Cunard website directs you to commercial enterprises who only want to "assist" you with visa applications attracting a fee.