What to do if you miss your ship in Belize...we're traveling with birth certificates

jkjmt

This is the first time we're taking an excursion outside of Carnival's excursion and I'm a little nervous about getting left in Belize. Our excursion is with x-streme and we're doing the cave tubing and zip line combo.

What do we do if we're left behind? Who do we call? I also heard you can't get out of Belize unless you have a passport and we don't have one. Is this true??

X Stream will get you back in time. I did the same excursion just last week and got a bit worried but our guide took care of us. When we arrived he checked and saw the line for zip was too long so we did the tubing first. Long walk but no line. Once done we toweled off and there was no line for zip. By the time we finished there were 50 or so people in line. We sat down and had lunch, did some shopping then headed back with about an hour to spare before the last tender.

Our guide was Ivar "the party boy". He was a blast. I have yet to see a post here about someone getting left behind. That would scare all of us away and instantly put their business in the toilet. They have their interest at stake as well as yours.

Passports will soon be a requirement so why wait. The delays will be long the closer we get to the beginning of 2007.

In Belize, you are required to have a passport that is valid for the length of your stay there. So if you miss the ship, you no longer fall under its waiver and are now in the country illegally.

The U.S. Embassy is located the intersection of Gabourel Lane and Hutson Street in Belize City; telephone 011 (501) 227-7161/62/63, fax 011 (501) 223-5423. The Embassy is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for the 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. lunch hour, and U.S. and Belizean holidays.

Dave

We were in the process of getting our passports and didn't want to mail in our birth certificates until after this cruise (April 9)....then we'll apply for our passports.

What happens if we're in the country illegally....how do we get back to the boat???

Archived