Removing Balcony Partitionon Explorer Connecting Cabins

Does anyone know if you can remove the partitions on the balconies on the Explorer? We are a family with one small child in connecting balcony rooms on the Explorer and we would like to remove the partition on the balcony for obvious safety reasons and for a larger balcony as well.

for safetry reasons, the walls between the balconies are not removable, and depending on your ship and what side of the ship you are on, it may be a steel wall dividing the balconies, i hope this helps.

I was reading a posters review and they indicated that on another ship they were able to do this. If you call RCCL they will probably tell you no. But i'm guessing that it really depends on you room attendant. We have Aft cabins 9390 and 9392 on Explorer in September. My parents will be next door and wanted to do this as well. But haven't found any posts that state that they've done this on Explorer.

We were on Deck 8 on the Explorer and our deck had steel sides. The time before on Carnival we asked and were told we could not swing them back (they really don't get removed.)... It also blocks the window and perhaps the door of one of the cabins so it is not really that great and option.

Is there at least a door on the partition on the balcony that could be unlocked, connecting the two balconies?

No. On explorer most of the balconies have steel dividers. Even on the ships that have glass dividers, they will not open them. The only time they open them is to clean the balconies after debarkation. The only way to connect your rooms is to get adjoining rooms and leave the door to your rooms open.

First we were told (on the Mariner) that it was up to the Captain - I guess depending on weather conditions, then we were told No, they would not open them because of safety reasons.

I got the "safety reasons" from RCI directly, but can't understand what they might be.

On the Mariner in January they opened our partition for us. We called down to the purser 3 times and were told, "We'll check on it and let you know." The third time, we got a response shortly after our call that they were sending security up to open the swing door in the partition. I think its random and we were just lucky, but we did learn that your stateroom attendant CAN"T do it for you - the decision comes from elsewhere.;)

Archived