Interesting Note about Todays "Sale"

vesw01

Prices have a lot to do with the PVP planer you get on the phone.I called Carnival talked to a lady didn't get a very good deal.called back about 10 min. later got a different PVP saved $100.00 each.went from deck 1 to 6

Agreed, but not because the 2nd PVP gave you a better price. The 2nd PVP did a better job qualifying you and got you a promotin with a lower price and an upgrade. The same is true with whom ever you call. If they don't properly qualify you they may not give you a discount you are entilted to.

Bill,

How did you get the $100 credit? I checked the prices you have and they seem to be the super saver rates. If you got a credit from something other than a promotion it should be combinable with tomorrow's promotion. The sales are usually based of the super saver rates, but for tomorrow it will also include the guarantee rates.

I have no idea how I got it. When I called my travel agent (not PVP) she gave me the price and said there is a $100 per cabin credit. This was back in the beginning of November.

I emailed her during the last sale and she said the first 2 in the cabin were $40 cheaper each but the 3rd/4th was $20 higher plus I would lose the credit. I also would have got upgraded to a 6C but that's nonsense. It's an identical cabin 2 decks up. Not really an upgrade in my eyes.

I stayed with my original booking.:)

Bill

Just in case the promotion is closed on the TI 09/02/06 tomorrow, I got another random quote.

FS 10/16/06

4A guarantee $259 1st and 2nd. $219 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers. Federal taxes are $33.24.

I hope I am not wrong.:eek: We will find out soon enough.:cool:

I guess Carnival doesn't raise their rates like some people falsely claimed. I just called Carnival to get the rates for the promotion. Yes this has been eating me up the last couple of days and I was worried that I might get egg in the face. I am happy to report that I am the one throwing egg tonight!

FS 10/16/06

4A guarantee is $259 for 1st and 2nd. $169 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. That's a $60 reduction in fare.:cool:

I just called on the Triumph on 09/02/06. The IS price is $479. An IS is a 4A gaurantee no cabin assignment.

With today's sale on the TI 09/02/06 the 4A (IS) is $459 for 1st and 2nd. $229 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The regular 3rd, 4th, and 5th rates are $299. Looks like a discount to me.;)

Here's a link to the posted I quoted which I posted a week ago. You can see that where I posted the price last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6164597&postcount=10

I don't mean this in a flaming way, but could we refrain from posting misinformation on this board, especially if it is slanderous?

Everyone currently booked I suggest you make your calls to Carnival before this promotion expires. It is only good on 03/29.

you cant get the rate online? I gotta say though, "What took you so long to post?":D

Bill

This has been eating me up ever since I posted last week. I new Carnival didn't raise their prices for sales like some have claimed, but toward the end I started getting worried. I am glad I was right. Good luck with your rates.:cool:

Archived