Stateroom VD 4164 on Vista Class Ships

richcrow

DW and I are booked in Stateroom VD 4164 on Oosterdam which is located on the Upper Promenade Deck. This cabin is located just forward of, what I have been informed, is a stairwell which is used for emergency exit to the Lower Promenade Deck. My question is, does anyone know if you can gain access to the verandah space outboard the stairwell from the verandah for VD 4164?

Thanks,

Richard

I booked cabin VD 4170--just a couple doors down from 4164. I have spoken with HAL more than once and it is like calling the IRS--you get a different answer with every agent. They say this cabin has a 68' veranda. Do you know if that is accurate? Some of the pictures I have seen of the O'dam show really small verandas. We have been on the Volendam the last three cruises and it has nice large verandas. Needless to say, we are spoiled.

I booked cabin VD 4170--just a couple doors down from 4164. I have spoken with HAL more than once and it is like calling the IRS--you get a different answer with every agent. They say this cabin has a 68' veranda. Do you know if that is accurate? Some of the pictures I have seen of the O'dam show really small verandas. We have been on the Volendam the last three cruises and it has nice large verandas. Needless to say, we are spoiled.

68"?

Sounds about right to me...

The Deck 4 verandahs along the side are about a foot deeper than those above.

The shallowest are those on Deck 5 midships...

When I booked this cabin with HAL (Zui) they informed me that both 4164 and 4166 had larger verandahs because of the unused verandah space between them. The TA said a former passenger had alerted him to this fact so he made a note of it. I'll find out first hand on Sat (3/25):D

We were in 4167 last year. The veranda was definately wider than those on higher decks. I know 1 or 2 feet doesn't sound like much but when you stand on them you can see the difference. We did a GTY

and this was our first time on a lower deck--we liked it alot.

Don't these balconies on Deck 4 have solid walls/railing instead of the plexiglass ones above? Not that it matters much but just curious.

Not all - just the VH's and VF's on Deck 4

Thanks so much for the info. Some pax don't care where they land, but I am particular about my cabin location. Every travel site has a different measurement and cabin description. Cruisecritic is such a great resource!

I booked cabin VD 4170--just a couple doors down from 4164. I have spoken with HAL more than once and it is like calling the IRS--you get a different answer with every agent. They say this cabin has a 68' veranda. Do you know if that is accurate?

68"?

Sounds about right to me...

The Deck 4 verandahs along the side are about a foot deeper than those above.

The shallowest are those on Deck 5 midships...

Just so there's no confusion. dogsdogs asked if 68' (feet) could be right and Brian responded 68" (inches) sounded about right.

I just want to be sure dogsdogs knows Brian's talking about inches which means about 5.66 feet deep. It looked to me like dogsdogs was taking width (length) of the verandah and no way it's 68 feet.

You Sir, are a Winner!!!

You get the lucky double-veranda!

:D

Yes, your verandah is twice as wide as a normal veranda

Enjoy!

Brian,

After you posted the above, I remembered that I took a photo of the port side of the Zuiderdam from HMC and it showed the double sized verandahs. The attached enlargement shows the double verandahs for VD 4164 & VD 4166. They are the third and fourth verandahs from the aft end of the Upper Promenade Deck. Just how lucky can you get?

Richard

611429272_IMG_0036copy2.jpg.769da867af29063f4326dbd9375ab6f2.jpg

Hello,

Does anybody know if these verandah dimensions also apply to the Noordam? My wife and I will be on the Noordam for an eastern Med cruise in July. We will be on the 4th deck, in the 4140s range. I've seen some pictures of pretty small verandahs, so a 1 to 2 foot larger size sounds good.

Thanks,

2busy

2Busy--

Yes, the same dimensions apply to Noordam.

Heather --

You're right.

Verandah Staterooms on Vistas are @11 feet wide, therefore an 11 foot wide verandah.

SS/SY's are @16.5' wide and side-facing SA/SB's are @22' wide.

So those two verandahs on the port side of Deck 4 shown in Rich's photo are @22' wide as well...

Not all - just the VH's and VF's on Deck 4

Wow, thanks for the tip. I almost booked a VH on the Westerdam for Alaska, We would NOT have been happy with a solid wall. Our other choice is a Guarantee balcony. I'd book something better, but it's a matter of $$ (or lack of).

Suggestions?

I just returned from 1 week aboard the ms Zuiderdam (3/25) and was fortunate to have booked the VD 4164 cabin. The verandah is truly great! Not having a tape measure, I 'stepped' it off and it was 6 (and a bit) feet deep and 11 (and a bit) feet long, which definitely puts it in the 68-70 square foot size. We spent a lot of time there! Hope these pictures help.

VD4164_1.jpg.a5226ab9a113543d26c299554a5f4058.jpg

VD4164_2.jpg.dfb404ce1ac2636620c67995e188c466.jpg

Archived