Super Shuttle or Taxi: New York

conan126

First time posting, but reviews and comments have been great. Taking the Legend on the 13th of June. Family of 6 (2 adults, 3 children, 1 mother in law:rolleyes: ) will be flying from Chicago to LaGaurdia. The question is what to take to get to the pier. Some say take 2 taxis, other places have said private car. What about Super Shuttle? I believe kids under 12/11 travel free with paying adult.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would never take the Super Shuttle in NYC, especially if you wanted to be somewhere quick, LOL. They stop EVERYWHERE!!! I always take either a taxi or a private car when in NYC... I prefer a private car if I have time to plan it. That is just my opinion...

Also, doesn't Carnival offer Round Trip transfers?? That might be another option...

A shuttle in NYC is nearly useless...you could walk faster.:rolleyes:

LaGuardia over to the west side is going to be 45 minutes in a private car. Whatever the cost of Carnival's transfer service, it will be the best bet. A taxi would cost a small fortune...those those post their rates will not take the fare, it's not cost effective for them. As for any taxi - good luck finding one that will actually take you there!

Ok, it seems that a private car might be the best option. Sorry to be ingnorant, but when one says private car, we are talking about a limo service, correct.

Also round trip transfers I believe were quoted at $90, but I might be wrong there.

Ok, it seems that a private car might be the best option. Sorry to be ingnorant, but when one says private car, we are talking about a limo service, correct.

Also round trip transfers I believe were quoted at $90, but I might be wrong there.

No you're not ignorant...a private car (as to what I meant) just means not shared with others along the way. Could be a limo service etc. but you will NOT get a rate of $90.00. If you do, check them out first - before booking it. I live on Long Island and the cheapest car service I could find started at $500.00 with an hourly charge on top of that. I drove my own car to the pier because of the rates.

I personally would take Carnival's transfers. New York is not the kind of city where the port is a huge part of the economy and there is a lot of competition for that business - it just isn't. You might get a cab or you might not.:(

At least with Carnival's transfers you are not stopping every few miles to pick up other people etc.

Archived