Thermal suite reservation issue

Cdude

Trying to book Thermal Suite for duration of my Sun sailing on March 9 via app and web to no avail. Do I need to do this once onboard? I thought I read others prebooked it.

1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Trying to book Thermal Suite for duration of my Sun sailing on March 9 via app and web to no avail. Do I need to do this once onboard? I thought I read others prebooked it.

It is possible it is sold out already?

8 minutes ago, Cdude said:

Maybe, but wouldn’t it say that? 

🤷🏿‍♂️ I know it CAN sell out, but no idea if the website would reflect that. The spa booking still isn’t integrated into the app. Apart from inconvenient or annoying, this detail is a signal that they aren’t actively upgrading the reservation system and this reduces confidence that it works at all. 

• Like 1

It is possible that they are already sold out for all the slots that are available prior to boarding.  I have already booked our passes for cruises on the Sun in June and September, so I can tell you from experience that some people definitely book well in advance.  But don't they keep some slots available for the day of boarding, too? I know it's not ideal because it means rushing to the spa as soon as you board, but we have definitely purchased these after getting on the ship in the past.

• Like 2

Update: called twice and Princess couldn’t book this even on their end. They admitted their system is screwed up. How in this day and age can you not have a system that lets people spend their money on your services 🙄

27 minutes ago, Cdude said:

Update: called twice and Princess couldn’t book this even on their end. They admitted their system is screwed up. How in this day and age can you not have a system that lets people spend their money on your services 🙄

It seems to be a routine problem. I think the cost and time to rip it down to the studs and start over is a daunting task, so IT just keeps putting on a new coat of paint to make it look new … and improved?

29 minutes ago, Cdude said:

BTW — A gold star for calling, waiting, calling again. That is no small commitment to diagnosing the issue. 

54 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

BTW — A gold star for calling, waiting, calling again. That is no small commitment to diagnosing the issue. 

It is sad.  Prior to the pandemic, Princess’ customer service was generally excellent.  Since then, it’s really fallen off a cliff.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

It is sad.  Prior to the pandemic, Princess’ customer service was generally excellent.  Since then, it’s really fallen off a cliff.

In fairness, I think that customer service is casualty all of the major cruise lines are experiencing. 

• Like 1

Have you managed to work it out? I’ve been having an issue trying to book for my July cruise where it won’t give me anything to click on to reserve, is that what’s happening for you? When I’d looked a couple of months ago I was able to add it to cart but didn’t end up doing it then. 

1 hour ago, Hannahls10 said:

Have you managed to work it out? I’ve been having an issue trying to book for my July cruise where it won’t give me anything to click on to reserve, is that what’s happening for you? When I’d looked a couple of months ago I was able to add it to cart but didn’t end up doing it then. 

That’s what I’m dealing with, yes. No resolution yet. It was going to be a Valentine’s gift. Oh well!