Livorno Shuttle Bus

We will be traveling to Florence in August and after calling have found that we will be docking in Livorno.  I see that we need to take a shuttle into town because it is too industrial for anyone to walk.  Does Celebrity offer a shuttle bus? If so cost ($) and does anyone know what time it ran until?

We are docked overnight.  If we don't make it back using the shuttle, can we take a taxi or other mode of transportation to get back onto the boat?

Thanks so much!

There will not be a shuttle bus since, Florence is 93 km (@1.5 hrs driving time) from Livorno. You will need to take a paid ships tour bus or paid private transportation (e,g,. cab or private care). Check with guest relations or the tour desk on the ship for transportation options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisemomma947 said:

We will be traveling to Florence in August and after calling have found that we will be docking in Livorno.  I see that we need to take a shuttle into town because it is too industrial for anyone to walk.  Does Celebrity offer a shuttle bus? If so cost ($) and does anyone know what time it ran until?

4 minutes ago, ShadowzBtlr said:

There will not be a shuttle bus since, Florence is 93 km (@1.5 hrs driving time) from Livorno. You will need to take a paid ships tour bus or paid private transportation (e,g,. cab or private care). Check with guest relations or the tour desk on the ship for transportation options.

I believe Cruisemomma was asking if Celebrity provided a shuttle from the ship to outside the harbor, not to Florence.  🙂

Yes, I will be taking a train from Livorno to Florence, was just wondering if Celebrity had a shuttle from port to the town of Livorno.  Thank you.

Do they have taxis as well from the town back to the ship?  We are docked overnight, so might want to do a late night dinner in town.  Thanks!!

The shuttle from the ship to the town of Livorno will not take you to the train station.  You have to take a taxi from the ship to the train station to catch the train to Florence.  Last time in Livorno, several years ago, the taxi to the train station is a fixed price, whether you have 1 or 8 people, so best to get a group and share the fare.

Have not overnighted in Livorno, but I would suppose you would need to take a taxi to/from the ship.  I'm not sure where the free shuttle drops you off, but I know it's not the train station.