Galveston departures....

Hi all..

Just took my first cruise to Nassau, Coco Cay, etc..It was amazing...

I have NO desire to go to the Mexico ports, but that is about it for leaving out of Galveston...I was wondering if any of you can give me happy thoughts, etc about traveling to that area...?? I just really love the Eastern Caribbean..

ps...Is the water as pretty there as it is around Coco Cay??

Do you mean travelling to Galveston or to Mexico? I personally love Galveston and we had a great time in Cozumel. Didn't get to the beach however since they had just re-opened and most were closed. I've seen pictures though and it looks beautiful. Never been to Coco Cay, so I can't comment there!

A Rhapsody cruise out of Galveston will take you to Key West for evening fun, Grand Cayman which has really beautiful water, and Cozumel which was fun for us, even though they were/are still in the rebuilding stage. I think you will find those ports enjoyable. Don't forget to swim/snorkle with the stingrays!

I had no desire to go to Mexico either so for our first cruise we flew to Florida to take a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. 7 cruises (6 from Galveston) later and I LOVE Mexico. I don't think we'll ever do everything there is to do in Galveston and we really enjoyed Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Dunns River Falls is just beautiful. You can't go wrong on the Rhapsody either even if it were only 7 sea days!

Julie

Archived