Sailing in 2 days… bid still pending

BookBikeBeyond123

Sailing MSC Meraviglia in 2 days…. Can people share their timeline on when they receive the bid decisions? I know other people bid the same amount at the same time with me already get an upgrade. I just modified my bid to be a bit higher… my TA says there are still YC 20+ rooms left…. I am anxious waiting to see if my bid will get accepted….

My bid was accepted on another sailing, but in the bid documents, I believe it says MSC will make a decision no later than 48 hours before sailing. 

2 hours ago, Toddcan said:

My bid was accepted on another sailing, but in the bid documents, I believe it says MSC will make a decision no later than 48 hours before sailing. 

congrats on the Upgrade! We are sailing at 3pm….I think it’s that you can’t modify your bid within 48 hour of sailing but not sure..: we are not canceling our bid anyways.. Finger crossed that upgrade 🧚 visits us and our offer get accepted… we have family already in YC and would really like to join them…. 

We found out about our bid a couple of days before sailing. From my experience, they send out upgrade emails very early in the morning, so we work up to an accepted bid. 

5 hours ago, mreic082 said:

We found out about our bid a couple of days before sailing. From my experience, they send out upgrade emails very early in the morning, so we work up to an accepted bid. 

Wow that’s great! Can I know when is the sail and when did you bid & receive the offer?

25 minutes ago, BookBikeBeyond123 said:

Wow that’s great! Can I know when is the sail and when did you bid & receive the offer?

This was back in the beginning of June 2023. We bid about 1 month before our trip and received the offer two days before sailing. 

12 hours ago, mreic082 said:

This was back in the beginning of June 2023. We bid about 1 month before our trip and received the offer two days before sailing. 

Two days… that’s nice! We are 1 day prior sailing and it still says pending… not sure what our chance is

Last time we sailed MSC we received an email 2 days prior, informing us that while our bid had not been accepted, it still could up until 2 hours after boarding. It never got accepted.

8 hours ago, BookBikeBeyond123 said:

Just received the email that the bid was unsuccessful… bummer.

we know someone that bid lower than us and got upgraded… 

Not sure if this applies in your case, but what they look at is not just your bid, but what they can get for the cabin you are in, so it is the value of the whole chain not just your bid. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BookBikeBeyond123 said:

Just received the email that the bid was unsuccessful… bummer.

we know someone that bid lower than us and got upgraded… 

Its the total value.

Maybe they paid more for the cabin or other stuff.

Thank you all for the input! Just to share the data point.

booked last minute cruise 10 day prior the 2/11 sailing for 2 cabin Bella balconies. One have 2 adults. One have two adults and a baby.

2/7 receive bids email for both. Bid same on both.

2/9 2 adult balcony bid get accepted. Did a mock book, still 40 YC room left. Called to upgrade directly but they said there are only double occupancy room left so no way to upgrade. Increased the 2 adult 1 baby room bid.

2/11 the midnight prior sailing got message bid was unsuccessful. 

2/11 check on board prior sailing, only 3 upgrade left, need to pay additional 5380 minimum. So I said no.

2/11 check on board after sailing, only 1 upgrade left. Need to pay additional 3580. and I tried to upgrade, that room was taken and became unavailable…. I am thinking maybe the person quote me prior sailing misread the number? Since they look so similar. Also, while we are onboard, they said since we have baby it’s ok to upgrade to a double occupancy room. 

Very inconsistent…

the buffet and MDR food is very so so and limited compare to other cruise. But it’s only day 1 and I might be biased for not getting to the YC. I heard people have to wait long time to get their food served. We did early dining and Cheena our waitress was able to serve us food very fast and we finish food in like 45 minutes.

embarking doesn’t seems bad either at 9:30. Not many people. We pretty much got onboarded the same time as our YC friend. Our room was available way faster than theirs. 

Hijacking this thread for a moment. I've booked the cheapest cabin available for a 4 day med cruise I have in April (interior). I received the upgrade bid thing and put in the lowest possible amount for all of the options apart from the Aura Balcony (which I skipped). 

I'm really not fussed if I don't get any of them as I could do with not spending the additional money - but I thought I might as well try the lowest bid to see if any of them are accepted. My assumption is that they won't be.  

9 hours ago, BookBikeBeyond123 said:

Thank you all for the input! Just to share the data point.

booked last minute cruise 10 day prior the 2/11 sailing for 2 cabin Bella balconies. One have 2 adults. One have two adults and a baby.

2/7 receive bids email for both. Bid same on both.

2/9 2 adult balcony bid get accepted. Did a mock book, still 40 YC room left. Called to upgrade directly but they said there are only double occupancy room left so no way to upgrade. Increased the 2 adult 1 baby room bid.

2/11 the midnight prior sailing got message bid was unsuccessful. 

2/11 check on board prior sailing, only 3 upgrade left, need to pay additional 5380 minimum. So I said no.

2/11 check on board after sailing, only 1 upgrade left. Need to pay additional 3580. and I tried to upgrade, that room was taken and became unavailable…. I am thinking maybe the person quote me prior sailing misread the number? Since they look so similar. Also, while we are onboard, they said since we have baby it’s ok to upgrade to a double occupancy room. 

Very inconsistent…

the buffet and MDR food is very so so and limited compare to other cruise. But it’s only day 1 and I might be biased for not getting to the YC. I heard people have to wait long time to get their food served. We did early dining and Cheena our waitress was able to serve us food very fast and we finish food in like 45 minutes.

embarking doesn’t seems bad either at 9:30. Not many people. We pretty much got onboarded the same time as our YC friend. Our room was available way faster than theirs. 

I think the issue was the baby.

The computer does not see the baby being a baby, but a 3rd occupant.

So the rooms may have been double occupancy which would disqualify you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluecontrolman said:

Hijacking this thread for a moment. I've booked the cheapest cabin available for a 4 day med cruise I have in April (interior). I received the upgrade bid thing and put in the lowest possible amount for all of the options apart from the Aura Balcony (which I skipped). 

I'm really not fussed if I don't get any of them as I could do with not spending the additional money - but I thought I might as well try the lowest bid to see if any of them are accepted. My assumption is that they won't be.  

Your assumption is correct to a point.

You need to hope the sailing is not full and then your chances increase not based on revenue but open availability.