Renting a Jeep in Grand Cayman, need a map!!

chopped

Can anyone post a link to a good map, with detailed roads of Grand Cayman? We'll be renting a jeep, and I want to plan our route before I get there.

The plan is picking up the Jeep at the airport, hitting Hell, then treking to Rum Point. We'd like to see the blowholes, but i'm not sure that there would be enough time in the day (which is why i need a map :D) The island doesn't look all that big, but it would be good if I could get an approx. amount of milage it would be to travel to get a better idea of time.

Thanks!

Seth

Your list of things is exactly what we plan to do.....also want to find the starfish near rum point. We have a convertable mustang waiting for us [we hope] the 29th. I had all but given up on the map, hoping to get a good one at the car rental place. I will mail it to ya when we get back.

The best map i found was at cayman activity guide . com (it won't let me post the link, I had to seperate it) under the map section. I too will just probably use the rental map. Near as i can tell the island is only about 20-25 miles long...

thanks for the map offer!

The Cayman Islands Lands and Survey Department has a street atlas online. It may be much too detailed for your liking.

The overview of the entire island can be seen at:

http://maps.caymanlandinfo.ky/imagemapfiles/gcindex.htm

You can click on the individual areas of the island for a full blow up view which includes bulidings and such.

The cruise ship terminals are in box #29

The airport terminal and most car rental offices are in box #33

Hell is in box #10

The blow holes are in box #79

Rum Point is in box #120

IMHO, Avis provides the best "normal" road map of all of those I've seen.

Archived