Searching for Sunshine on Zaandam 2 weeks inthe Caribbean

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The noisy men I referred to were VERY obvious about it. The server gave them their drinks, then went to another table, and then as she walked past them again, one man held a couple of bills up at his shoulder as she walked behind him and she took them. Maybe he didn't have the money out when she delivered the tips, or maybe he likes to look like a big spender. It was crass.

Boorish behaviour for sure. As oakridger said, there is already a tip included. And waving money in the air? To me that is so condescending. 

A discreetly handled extra tip at the end of the cruise is the way to go, if you feel you were well- served.

• Like 2

Just now, QuattroRomeo said:

Boorish behaviour for sure. As oakridger said, there is already a tip included. And waving money in the air? To me that is so condescending. 

A discreetly handled extra tip at the end of the cruise is the way to go, if you feel you were well- served.

Or, as the server sets down your drink, quietly offer the tip. 

Question about tipping, if you add an extra tip to the charge slip, does it go specifically to the server or to the general pool? At the end of a cruise, if we had gone to the same bar often and had good service, we would say thank you and tip in cash at the end. (and remember the name for the survey!)

Just now, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Or, as the server sets down your drink, quietly offer the tip. 

Question about tipping, if you add an extra tip to the charge slip, does it go specifically to the server or to the general pool? At the end of a cruise, if we had gone to the same bar often and had good service, we would say thank you and tip in cash at the end. (and remember the name for the survey!)

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that I read somewhere in one of those threads about gratuities that it goes to the waiter pool.