Captain's Club points for Blue Chip bookings

martymcfry

Hi everyone,

I've encountered something peculiar with my Captain's Club points and wanted to see if anyone else has noticed similar changes or can provide insight.

In November 2023, I was on the Eclipse on a blue chip offer for a veranda room upgraded to the Concierge class. I was awarded 5 Captain's Club points per night for this booking.

However, last week, I sailed on the Ascent with another blue chip offer. Like before, the offer included a free veranda room, and I upgraded, this time to aqua class. This experience was different in terms of the Captain's Club points awarded - I only received 3 points per night.

Has anyone else experienced this change in point allocation recently? I'm wondering if this is a new policy or perhaps an oversight. Do you think it's worth reaching out to someone in the Captain's Club department for clarification?

Appreciate any feedback or advice you can share!

Thanks in advance!

Points awarded are based on the original Blue Chip Club (BCC) offer category. 

If you received a BCC offer for a complimentary inside cabin and later upgraded via move-up, paid or even no-cost upgrades (i.e. a veranda was the same price as an inside), you would receive points based on the original offer for an inside cabin.

With that said, there are rare operational exceptions.