Creating a Group

Question about a group.  From the info I have, a group is 5 or more cabins.  I have 3 cabins for my sailing, but I have another 3 cabins that *might* come and have a total of 6.  Does anyone know if I go into my Roll Call, find others that have booked directly with NCL, and then group us all together?  Would that work?  Group benefits are nice  🙂

12 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

What are these group benefits of which you speak?

Here ya go 🙂 So 10% off the cruise fare, plus Group A or Group B.  Basically, the Group benefits are the same as the current retail promotions PLUS the 10% off cruise fare PLUS one from the bonus box such as $100 OBC.  Plus, the person that headed up the group, that person would get a kick bonus based on a calculation between cabins selected, # of people booked, and dollars spent.  I have been told the kick back of anywhere from $500 - $1,000 for 5 cabins.

So if all 5 rooms are balconies and the fare price is $2,600, you would save $260 per cabin + $100 OBC vs non-groups if a year out from sailing date.  So that would be $360 in savings.  Plus if I got the minimum of $500 kick back for 5 rooms, I would PayPal (or whatever every one wants) $125 per cabin.  The more kick back I get, the more I would send out to people.  In theory, that is about $500 in savings for people in the group.

image.png.0966ba34b06461994c7c54715aa20d35.png

image.png.1992279f26f0b5f5f6eab2cf41f5e131.png

first, i believe you would be beholden to other people's plans... anonymous people you do not know... they could drop out of the group and leave you "stuck."

but the biggest flaw in your flue is that most people who join roll calls, as you've pointed out, have already booked their cabins. it's usually the first thing people do after booking... join the roll call. so, its doubtful you'll find a bunch of people who don't already have cabins. and i believe NCL's group program applies to new bookings only. you have to bring a group to NCL to qualify for the discounts and benefits. so, even if you could find folks to join your "group," NCL probably wouldn't get onboard, so to speak, for that plan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yeah, not going to happen. You would need to book the cabins together as a group. You can't just find 4 other couples who happen to want the same sailing and then link them together after the fact. 

I didn't think it was possible, but I thought it was worth asking about.  I asked my local TA and she thought it could be done.

I'm one of those that likes to try wacky ideas.  You never know unless you try though.  Thought it was worth asking the forum about though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I asked my local TA and she thought it could be done.

it could be, conceivably, from a TA's perspective. a TA could form his or her own group by interesting a number of clients in the same cruise. 

TAs are generally compensated in one of two ways for their orders... volume and gross dollar sales. this would add to both categories, for sure.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

That's the TA's job to help buy the block of cabins at the group rate and then to sell them to individual people like yourself.

some super large agencies commit to cabins in bulk. most don't. in any case, that's not really the way TAs work with NCL. the commissions are large enough that they don't have to do that.

Edited by UKstages