Can I book excursion on ship?

rjf32

I am wanting to do the dolphin swim in puerto aventuras. I think it is too risky to do it on my own and would thus like to book it through rccl. However, on rccl's website this excursion is already full. I was wondering if I am able to book it on the cruise ship? If so is it hard to do that and does it cost more?

If you absolutely want to do this excursion and want even a chance of doing it through RCCL, what I can recommend is keep looking every day to see if a spot comes open - i.e. somebody might cancel before the cruise even takes place. If a spot doesn't come open, then be the very first people to board the ship and immediately go to the explorations desk to see if there are any spots being held for booking onboard. If not, ask to be put on the waitlist. It is unlikely though that a spot will open up once you are onboard.

I was told that RCI keeps 35% of the tickets for excursions for availability/sale once you get on the cruise ship. In this case, as soon as you get there, run to guest relations and see what they have available.

I was told that RCI keeps 35% of the tickets for excursions for availability/sale once you get on the cruise ship. In this case, as soon as you get there, run to guest relations and see what they have available.

Where did you hear that number? I've heard they occasionally keep a couple of spots back but not 35% and not always. In fact I've seen it where they've sold out excursions so early they didn't even bother to print them in the cruise document booklets.

Archived