Red Sea cruises: when will they resume?

Vallesan

13 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I am surprised that Oceania waited so long to pull ships out of the Suez.  Sadly, sailing in that area is not safe.  I am surprised that they are sailing  Riviera around Africa rather than staying in Asia.  

It is my hope that the Riveria replaces the Regatta, with the next new cruise release, and starts doing the OZ circumnavigation, NZ, and the route to FP. Then it can do the seasonal swings and stay in that part of the world. Until then it has to find new homes.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, daydreamer62 said:

Interestingly Viking and Azamara still have not pulled out so Oceania definitely weren't the last to do so 

Viking apparently pulled out in the last day or so.  Azamara, not so much. (We just finished getting off their May transit, they haven't even cancelled the April one yet.)

17 hours ago, daydreamer62 said:

Interestingly Viking and Azamara still have not pulled out so Oceania definitely weren't the last to do so 

Yesterday Viking announced altering their itineraries to avoid transiting the Red Sea on their current world cruises with the Sky and the Neptune. They will now sail around the Cape of Good Hope and along the west coast of Africa.

21 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Yesterday Viking announced altering their itineraries to avoid transiting the Red Sea on their current world cruises with the Sky and the Neptune. They will now sail around the Cape of Good Hope and along the west coast of Africa.

It was only a matter of time. So Azamara is the last hold out now?

Edited by daydreamer62

8 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

It was only a matter of time. Sou Azamara is the last hold out now?

Perhaps Azamara can differentiate itself from its competitors by adopting a new tagline: “Damn the Torpedoes (err, Missiles) - Full Speed Ahead!”

Edited by Hanoj
  • Haha 1

We are supposedly going through the Suez Canal and Red Sea with Silversea cruises in May. They still haven’t cancelled so we’re in a waiting game. It’s so frustrating as we are pretty sure it’s not going to happen and could be making alternative plans at this time.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:24 PM, Vallesan said:

I just saw this article about MSC cancelling 2024/25 winter Red Sea cruises. I wonder if other lines will follow suit? 

https://www.travelmole.com/news/msc-unveils-canary-islands-cruises/?otg=1&nidd=Y2xlaW5AYmx1ZXlvbmRlci5jby51aw==

Marella cruises (TUI) have not cancelled our cruise through the Red Sea in April and are still selling it. There is no way that it will go ahead but they seem reluctant to tell us.

6 hours ago, Juno1956 said:

We are supposedly going through the Suez Canal and Red Sea with Silversea cruises in May. They still haven’t cancelled so we’re in a waiting game. It’s so frustrating as we are pretty sure it’s not going to happen and could be making alternative plans at this time.

My 2¢:

Long past time to contact Silversea directly (and not just their call center cubicle-dwellers, either) with pointed questions, then. 

Ditto if on the cruise after yours, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaefell3 said:

My 2¢:

Long past time to contact Silversea directly (and not just their call center cubicle-dwellers, either) with pointed questions, then. 

Ditto if on the cruise after yours, too.

I agree!

There would appear to be only a ‘hair’s breadth’ of a chance that any cruise ships will be travelling through Suez/Red Sea in the near future or, in my estimation, only my estimation, even this year!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:41 PM, Helenk1234 said:

Marella cruises (TUI) have not cancelled our cruise through the Red Sea in April and are still selling it. There is no way that it will go ahead but they seem reluctant to tell us.

WOW! That literally is only weeks away. It makes you wonder just what they are waiting for sometimes.