HELP! I can’t decide when to go on 1st trip to Alaska??

tulsamomof2

Looking for advice! I have a temp hold on June 7th Edge Alaska cruise and Aug 2nd Edge Cruise.  We have never been to Alaska (was booked Aug 2020- but then, Covid shut down cruises).  I like the idea of possibly seeing snow capped glaciers and drier/sunnier weather in June…..but also would like seeing much more Alaska wildlife activity & salmon in Aug.  Price is same for either cruise….any info to share that would sway me to choose one over the other? it looks like excursions we want are available at both times.  Thanks in advance!

1. is there more wildlife activity June 7-14 vs Aug 2-9? (I realize salmon won’t be visible in June)

2. Do chances of not getting close to Dawes increase one month vs other?

3.  Temps…are they basically the same June 7-14 vs Aug 2-9?

We just booked for July 17th from Vancouver round trip through Holland Zaandam . We have 2 kids 9 & 13. We are hoping to see more wildlife in July 🙂 but we are also taking 1 week extra to visit Banff, Emerald Lake, Jasper and Lake Moraine. Hoping we could see much more wildlife in the park and see at least the Glaciers from the boat. 

We have gone in June and early Sept. We prefers June. Longer days, better weather and lots of snow in the mountains. Sept was rainier with shorter days but we still enjoyed it.

We are returning again this June!

• 2 weeks later...