Hotels in FLL

Sailing Gomba

I was booked at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd. until I heard that the homeless refuse to stay there. :p I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the La Quinta Fort Lauderdale Airport before? Also, we are flying into MIA, what is the "best and most cost affordable" way to get there. Thanks for your help in advance.

I certainly hope the La Quinta is better. We had the unfortunate experience of staying at the dump otherwise known as the Comfort Inn on Stirling road.

I've spent nights in both hotel chains across the country. La Quinta has always been a a consistant in quality. Comfort Inn's on the other hand is horribly inconsistant.

We'll be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on February 7, 2007. Like most seasoned cruisers, we plan on arriving a day early and reserve a one night pre-cruise hotel before we sail. I know it's a long way off, but does anyone knows if there will be a major event or convention in Ft Lauderdale that will conflict with our hotel reservations for the night of 02/06/07?

Hi,

I've done this a few times.

The best bet is to reserve an Alamo rental car with P/U at MIA and drop at FLL 24 hrs later. There are no drop or one-way charges, and the bonus is the airport at FLL is only a short shuttle/cab ride to the port. Last time it was USD$25/day plus taxes and insurance.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Archived