Getting a Cab at the Miami Pier Post Cruise

How difficult is it to get a cab from the Miami pier to the FLL airport post cruise? We've allowed plenty of time for our return flight but were wondering if there would be a huge wait and if we should book a limo to be safe.

How difficult is it to get a cab from the Miami pier to the FLL airport post cruise? We've allowed plenty of time for our return flight but were wondering if there would be a huge wait and if we should book a limo to be safe.

Was just there on the Radiance. Returned to port on a Sunday and had been worried about the same thing. Was assured by posters on this board that catching a cab would not be a problem and indeed that was the case. Plenty of cabs were available and it was a short (20 minute max) ride to the airport. Cabs seemed to always be plentiful in Miami during our stay. I would not go to the extra expense of booking a limo.

It also depends on the size of your party. We had 6 in our party last Sunday trying to get to MIA and could not get a minivan. It seemed there were several large parties who also needed a minivan and there were not enough to go around. We ended up having to split up and use 2 taxis.

We are always concerned about getting a cab, because we usually need a van to fit all of us and our luggage! We didn't have a problem last time - there seemed to be an equal number of cab vans as regular cabs.

Was just there on the Radiance. Returned to port on a Sunday and had been worried about the same thing. Was assured by posters on this board that catching a cab would not be a problem and indeed that was the case. Plenty of cabs were available and it was a short (20 minute max) ride to the airport. Cabs seemed to always be plentiful in Miami during our stay. I would not go to the extra expense of booking a limo.

Was so glad to hear there would be plenty of cabs at port post-cruise. I had made flight reservations for 4:00 p.m. just to be on the safe side, but sounds like I could have made them earlier, oh well!! What are the chances of staying on ship till the last minute. I remember some posts on that subject, but can't find them. Someone said something about sitting back and enjoying a drink on balcony before being called off. Please let me know. Thanks, Janet

Green Eyed Mom99

On our last cruise on Voyager we hung out on the ship until 11:30 because our flight did not leave until 3:00 and hanging out on the ship was better than hanging out at the airport! We kept a low profile....no hanging out on your balcony since you do have to be out of your room early. I guess we were just one of the many guests who had a hard time letting go and getting back to the harsh reality of real life!!

to FLL, either

Cheapest way to get from Cruise Ship terminal to FLL

1) Rent a Minivan from Alamo or Thrifty - Thrifty is a few bucks cheaper, but only runs 1 shuttle bus, and if you join Blue Chip, you can skip the line at MIA. Alamo runs multiple buses, but costs a few bucks more, and you can't skip the line at MIA.

If you use Thrifty, join Blue Chip before you reserve.

2) Pick up at MIA

3) Drop off at FLL

to FLL, either

Cheapest way to get from Cruise Ship terminal to FLL

1) Rent a Minivan from Alamo or Thrifty - Thrifty is a few bucks cheaper, but only runs 1 shuttle bus, and if you join Blue Chip, you can skip the line at MIA. Alamo runs multiple buses, but costs a few bucks more, and you can't skip the line at MIA.

If you use Thrifty, join Blue Chip before you reserve.

2) Pick up at MIA

3) Drop off at FLL

So are you saying there's a shuttle from the cruise ship terminal to MIA where you would pick up the car to drop off at FLL?

Thrifty and Alamo both run their own shuttles from the Cruise Terminal to their MIA locations.

Thrifty runs 1 shuttle bus, so it's a 30-45 minute wait and does fill up, but you can skip the line once you get to MIA if you join Blue Chip.

Alamo runs 4 or 5 shuttle busses, costs a few bucks more than Thirfty, but you can't skip the line once you get to MIA.

Archived