Princess Book Club - RIP?

WinksCruises

Has anyone attended a formal Princess book club lately?

(One where Princess selects the book title for that quarter and provides multiple copies of it in the ship libraries?)

I'm guessing from this notice on the main website it might be another program that's bit the dust.

image.thumb.png.e20b044e954de5f8ca9aa4948727f3fb.png

Sadly haven’t seen this for a few years. It was a fun idea but never seemed to gain traction. I participated once for one of our Alaska cruises and the book selection was “The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah. Wonderful read! 

But your post gives me a thought - certainly one could do something similar within a roll call. We have a really active roll call for our Norway cruise this summer - maybe I’ll look for a book to recommend. 

• Like 1

I am surprised that this is actually still available on the website...(Well, not really, I guess!)  As @karatemom2 says, this has apparently been put to rest a LONG time ago.  I do however, recall various roll calls over the past 5 years or so where an individual has taken it upon themself to put something together.  They may or may not have been "officially" approved by Princess...it's not *too* difficult to find some corner somewhere on a ship for a small group to get together.  And then again...it's like any other passenger request; you could contact Princess and float your idea (pun intended!); I suspect they would reserve a spot for you somewhere.

• Like 3