Question for drewsailbum "Olbrich Gardens"

BobBeaSea

For drewsailbum or others who are familiar: in another thread (traffic thread I believe) you had mentioned the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Our ship will be at Grand Cayman exactly 2 weeks from today and my girlfriend (who loves all things botanical :)) would love to visit this site. A few questions:

Are these gardens also known as the Queen Elizabeth Bot. Gardens?

Roughly how long from the tender pier to get there?

Are cabs readily available for returning to the tender pier?

Can I get a beer there? :D

Any particular part of the Gardens she should pay particular attention to?

Thanks in advance :)

For drewsailbum or others who are familiar: in another thread (traffic thread I believe) you had mentioned the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Our ship will be at Grand Cayman exactly 2 weeks from today and my girlfriend (who loves all things botanical :)) would love to visit this site. A few questions:

Are these gardens also known as the Queen Elizabeth Bot. Gardens?

Roughly how long from the tender pier to get there?

Are cabs readily available for returning to the tender pier?

Can I get a beer there? :D

Any particular part of the Gardens she should pay particular attention to?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes. The Botanic Park is aka Queen Elizabeth Bot Gardens. Sorry but I think I slipped "Olbrich" in there from the botanic gardens at my old collegiate stomping grounds of Madison, Wi.

It is located off of Frank Sound Rd in the district of Northside, about 25-30 minutes drive from Georgetown.

No cabs just hanging around. This is another destination most easily reached via a rental car.

I think you're out of luck on getting a beer there... but your route does pass the Stingray Brewery. Make time for a quick stop.

For those who enjoy such places, you can easily spend the day there. If you are someone who looks around and thinks, "OK. Nice plants. I wonder if I can get a beer here" then you might chalk this one up as a compromise day.

Seriously, she'll probably love the orchids. Cayman's unique blue iguanas make a home in the park, and keep an eye out for the Cayman Parrots.

See: http://www.botanic-park.ky/ It gives a nice overview, though it is an old website.

Archived