Amerisuites FLL review March 11th

quimmee

I would like to give my review of the hotel, so maybe I could help someone in the future.

I did confirm my reservation with the hotel well in advance since I booked this through valuetrips. They did have my reservation, and the information was correct. Two double/queen beds and one pull out was requested. 5 people. At this point I did confirm a late check in time, and was assured a room would be available for us when we arrived. Even at 8pm.

I called in the am on the day of stay, and got a name of the receptionist I was talking to and confirmed the #of people in the room and again that we needed 2 queen/double beds and l pull out.

We landed and went to baggage claim and picked up the courtesy phones and within 10 mins. the shuttle was there. There are designated areas that the driver pulls up in so ask someone where that would be. Also, he goes to more than one Amerisuites, so make sure he is going to the one you want. We were going to 17th street, and we had people on the wrong shuttle with us. They were not happy when they found out they had to cab it to their Amerisuite different location.

Got the the receptionist desk and was informed " that our reservation only guarantees us a room , not necessarily the exact one we requested. " With five people this was really hard. They only had rooms with one king and one pull out left. This was very hard with two different families and mixed sexes. They did not hold a room for us. If I had know that was going to happen, I would have automatically booked two rooms in the very beginning. Anyways, after a few moments of me not being too happy, they gave us a complimentary room with one double bed. Only one elevator was working that night, and there were people everywhere. It was much better in the morning. Not so crowded. Breakfast was very good, and lots of it. Waffle machine was very popular. Shuttle to pier was very full, but he took two trips and everyone was to their ships by 12:00. Pool was clean and room was a little worn. Great price for a pre cruise night. Any questions , just ask.

Quimmee,

Thanks for the review. From my experience, it is typical that hotels will not guarantee a room type, only that you will get some type of room. This is true if you book with priceline, valuetrips, or even directly with the hotel. So if you get there later in the evening, and it is sold out, you might have to take what you can get. It sounds like Amerisuites did their best to work things out. It sounds like overall you were happy.

Archived