2007 Itineraries

chessbriar

Hi Rick !

I did book it actually. When I said I was considering it, I meant that I havent fully decided on it.

It looks like we will finally get a chance to be on the same ship, at the same time LOL. I will keep you posted.

Like you, there is alway a chance we'll cancel. But we plan and hope. We cancelled 2 Connie cruises this year due to the Birth of our little one. We were able to get a good cabin one of the sweet 16 on deck 6. 2C with double sized balcony. Ogla on the Galaxy insisted it didn't have a larger balcony and insisted on selling us a 2B cabin. As soon as I got home, I grabbed the cabin I wanted.

I have a gut feeling that after the Zenith does it's fall/winter out of Tampa next season she is done. Any thought??;)

Have to move ships to cover Bermuda.

It's possible that they'll move Zenith out of X before the new ships come online, but I hope not. Will Zenith still be an X ship 3 months after the first of the new ships arrives? Highly unlikely.

Does anyone remember which cruise line now has the Horizon? There was a thread on this when the Horizon left the fleet, but it's too hard to find. Is it now the Island Escape?

It's possible that they'll move Zenith out of X before the new ships come online, but I hope not. Will Zenith still be an X ship 3 months after the first of the new ships arrives? Highly unlikely.

Does anyone remember which cruise line now has the Horizon? There was a thread on this when the Horizon left the fleet, but it's too hard to find. Is it now the Island Escape?

Hi Joan and Joe !

Horizon is now part of Island Cruises, and she is now the Island Star.

Horizon is now part of Island Cruises, and she is now the Island Star.

Thanks, Andy. I thought it had gone over to Island, just got the wrong ship. I guess the other Island ship, the Island Escape, is a former RCCL ship. Island has an interesting web site: eveything is in UK pounds, includes airfare from the UK, and starts with a basic fare plus add-ons.

Getting back to the main topic of this thread, I hope the 2007 itineraires for the months when we can cruise (May, June, and November) come out soon. It would be nice to see some new itineraries and new ports, but that doesn't seem to be the Celebrity way, other than for a few long cruises at times when we can't sail.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

Have just discovered this thread and enjoyed reading that many of you are also anxiously waiting for the summer 2007 itineraries! We have pin- pointed June 2007 as the time we want to book a Mediterranean cruise. I have called Celebrity and checked their web site. I'm told that they should be posted by April or May. Anyone been on the Western Mediterranean cruise - any do's or don'ts advice? We were on the Connie last summer (2005) for the Baltics cruise and had a great time!! :)

I'm also holding my breath for the May 2007 itineraries! My husband and I would like to take our first cruise out of Cape Liberty (RT) to the Eastern Carribbean, but I don't want to get my hopes up in case X doesn't offer this itinerary at that time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

Have just discovered this thread and enjoyed reading that many of you are also anxiously waiting for the summer 2007 itineraries! We have pin- pointed June 2007 as the time we want to book a Mediterranean cruise. I have called Celebrity and checked their web site. I'm told that they should be posted by April or May. Anyone been on the Western Mediterranean cruise - any do's or don'ts advice? We were on the Connie last summer (2005) for the Baltics cruise and had a great time!! :)

Hi alottosee.

We are looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise for 2007 also. From the reviews I have been reading it sounds wonderful.

I'm also holding my breath for the May 2007 itineraries! My husband and I would like to take our first cruise out of Cape Liberty (RT) to the Eastern Carribbean, but I don't want to get my hopes up in case X doesn't offer this itinerary at that time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I think they've had great success with that route so that's a good sign, at least.

Rick, our "dream" cruises are British Isles and Nowegian fjords. The popularity of the Baltic/St. Petersberg cruises seems to have caused the U.S. based cruise lines to drop both of our dream cruises, at least for the three months (May, June, and November) in which we can cruise. (There are often some in July or August, but those months are impossible for us.) Are you aware of any line that will do either of these itineraries in 2007?

Hi alottosee.

We are looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise for 2007 also. From the reviews I have been reading it sounds wonderful.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up on the same cruise. If you see the 2007 Itineraries - yell at me! We've got to have June so I hope the weather will be OK that early in the summer.

What are the recommendations about booking - go through a TA or directly with Celebrity? We used Travelocity in the past but really want an AFT room if we can get it. Any advice?

One of the nicest things about booking directly with X is you can enter your preferred cabin number and it will tell you if it's available. This would help you narrow in quickly on an AFT.

You don't even have to book the cabin. You can look it up and call your TA and they can book it. Our agent always looks it up for us. But then again she has been on over 160 cruises ad knows everything you want to know about ships.

RCCL & Celebrity went to a system that what ever price they list is the price. Agents (supposedly) can't even give up a part of the commission and rebate it to you. If caught...trouble.

When booking on "X" I always do it this way.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up on the same cruise. If you see the 2007 Itineraries - yell at me! We've got to have June so I hope the weather will be OK that early in the summer.

What are the recommendations about booking - go through a TA or directly with Celebrity? We used Travelocity in the past but really want an AFT room if we can get it. Any advice?

I have heard from friends who travel to the Mediterranean often that the time to sight see is May-June or September - October. I was told that the summer months are too crowded, too hot and that most museums etc. follow a strict dress code (i.e. no shorts or sleeveless shirts). Knowing my husband if he had to walk around on a hot crowded day and couldn't wear shorts he would not be pleased. I don't know if this is true or not but it sounds like it makes sense.

I've been wondering if it is better to book through X or through a TA. I have never booked through Travelocity or Expedia though I wouldn't be against it either. I was wondering if you are more likely to get an upgrade if you book through X directly (who knows) I probably will this time.

I am watching for the new itineraries and will post as soon as I see them.

Rick, our "dream" cruises are British Isles and Nowegian fjords. The popularity of the Baltic/St. Petersberg cruises seems to have caused the U.S. based cruise lines to drop both of our dream cruises, at least for the three months (May, June, and November) in which we can cruise. (There are often some in July or August, but those months are impossible for us.) Are you aware of any line that will do either of these itineraries in 2007?

Check out Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. We did the British Isles and Norway last year in June and it was a fantastic trip. We went to Paris, Scotland, 2 ports in Ireland, Plymouth, Amsterdam and 3 ports in Norway. They offered the same itinerary again this year (June 19) . They offer it once in June and once in July. You need to book early because the prices move up very quickly. I believe that Royal Caribbean is releasing the 2007 Europe information on April 20. Good Luck!

Sue

Check out Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. We did the British Isles and Norway last year in June and it was a fantastic trip. We went to Paris, Scotland, 2 ports in Ireland, Plymouth, Amsterdam and 3 ports in Norway. They offered the same itinerary again this year (June 19) . They offer it once in June and once in July. You need to book early because the prices move up very quickly. I believe that Royal Caribbean is releasing the 2007 Europe information on April 20. Good Luck!

Sue

Thanks, Sue. We'll look into that, and into the 6/11/07 sailing of the HAL Amsterdam, Copenhagen to Rotterdam. The cruise lines (but apparently not X) do these cruises, but but very few, and mostly when we can't go. (Examples, Prinsendam 7/24 to 8/11 "top of the world" and 8/25 to 9/8 "Celtic kingdom", both nearly perfect, but at impossible times for us.) If we wanted Baltic (which we don't), we'd have dozens of choices within our time frame.

I'm also wondering whether it's better to use a TA or book directly through X. This will be my first cruise, so I have no experience in booking one. If the set prices truly are set, and a TA cannot offer any type of discounted rate, that removes the pricing issue from the consideration list. Are there other specific advantages/disadvantages of booking one way rather than the other? For example, if there are any issues with the booking, is it better to have a TA fighting for you? I guess I'd like to know so that I can try to book fairly soon after the new itineraries are made available.

If it were my first cruise, I would book with a TA. A Ta can hold the clout of many future bookings against the line if a problem arises. An indivudual is less well-situated to do so. A TA should be able to lead you through the deck plans, also, explaining that cabin "x" is not good because it is below a pub or whatever.

While TAs are no longer permitted to lower the price for you on RCL or X, they can still offer incentives with real value like wine onboard, free excursions or free trip insurance. I would suggest shopping around and also asking some friends for recommendations (which we're not allowed to make on these boards).

I book directly with the cruise line. If you have any questions the cruise line won't talk to you if you use a TA and that's frustrating. Close to cruise time I call and ask if any upgrades are available which a TA usually won't do for you. Sometimes a TA may have a better deal in that case I'll use the TA.

Hi Everyone !

I wanted to let you know, it appears that the 2007 itineraries may be on their way !!!

ONE itinerary (for 1 sailing date) was posted at the Celebrity Website, for September 10, 2007 For Millennium. She appears to be doing a 13 night Classical Mediteranean Sailing. There are no prices, and it does not look like you can book it yet. I have no idea if any of this is accurate or not. But at least there is some progress !

Please, dont flame me, if this somehow gets removed from the Celebrity Website LOL

Here is the itinerary :

Mon, Sep 10 Barcelona, Spain Departure Depart 7:00 PM

Tue, Sep 11 At Sea

Wed, Sep 12 Nice (Villefranche), France Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 8:00 PM

Thu, Sep 13 Florence, Italy Docked Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 7:00 PM

Fri, Sep 14 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy Docked Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 7:00 PM

Sat, Sep 15 Naples/Capri, Italy Docked Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 7:00 PM

Sun, Sep 16 At Sea

Mon, Sep 17 Santorini, Greece Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 11:00 PM

Tue, Sep 18 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Docked Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 11:00 PM

Wed, Sep 19 At Sea

Thu, Sep 20 Corfu, Greece Docked Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 5:00 PM

Fri, Sep 21 Dubrovnik, Croatia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM, Depart 5:00 PM

Sat, Sep 22 Venice, Italy Docked Arrive 12:00 PM

Sun, Sep 23 Venice, Italy Arrival

Hey Andy,

Just to let you all know. I went to the "X" site at 1:50 AM and they had the destination area closed for maintainance. Hmmmmm...;) Wonder what they are doing there ?

Andy, want to bet me a beer on the topic we've talked about on the "Zenith" being there or not ? I think that's about $3.50 on a cruise now.:D

Jeff

The Millie is going into drydock on April 2, 2007 for 19 days. It will then start its European season. On March 18,2007 it departs Fll on a 15 night transatlantic crossing. This cruise ends in Hampton England.

Thanks for posting that Walt. We had been considering X for Europe until we heard that Connie might be doing the Med. in 2007. X tumbled in our top 3 list at that time, since we had an underwhelming experience on Connie in January. Based on other reviews at the same time, we chalk it up to an off cruise rotation but with as important a trip as Europe, we wouldn't have wanted to take any chances.

Our top three now (and it will be price that decides) are Brilliance (or Serenade if she replaces her, per the rumour), Millenium and then Emerald Princess. The only real strike against Millie is sitting in port overnight in Venice. I sort of feel it actually cuts short your time in Venice because we will spend arrival morning jostlin luggage and either transferring to hotels or the airport. I'd rather a cruise that simply visits Venice. Of course, I suppose we could stay a few days in Venice...

Hey Andy,

Just to let you all know. I went to the "X" site at 1:50 AM and they had the destination area closed for maintainance. Hmmmmm...;) Wonder what they are doing there ?

Andy, want to bet me a beer on the topic we've talked about on the "Zenith" being there or not ? I think that's about $3.50 on a cruise now.:D

Jeff

HI Jeff !

I do think there will be late 2007, and perhaps early 2008 sailings for Zenith... at least I hope so !

Late 2008 ? Thats another story. I would love to see Zenith stick around a while. My guess is, she will be around until Solstice arrives. Then, Celebrity will have some tough decisions to make. Time will Tell.

Archived