Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

I believe one of your posts indicated that you were able to bypass lines when leaving the ship on a shore excursion.  We will be on the NCL Breakaway, which is huge, and lines to get off are a concern.  Did you purchase some sort of Priority Pass which was good not just for initial boarding but for each shore excursion as well?  Do you feel the Priority Pass was worth the extra cost?  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, RWK1952 said:

I believe one of your posts indicated that you were able to bypass lines when leaving the ship on a shore excursion.  We will be on the NCL Breakaway, which is huge, and lines to get off are a concern.  Did you purchase some sort of Priority Pass which was good not just for initial boarding but for each shore excursion as well?  Do you feel the Priority Pass was worth the extra cost?  Thanks.

Hey!  Yes, I purchased PA for both my cabins - the goal was to board early and purchase Vibe passes onboard - they were sold out pre- cruise and there actually weren’t any for sale onboard, that was urban legend…. But, we were the first group to board after Haven and onboard by 11am.  Other perks are listed on the flier that was in the cabin.  I believe there is only priority access at ports when there is a tender.  I have not seen any priority (or haven) line to return, But there have not been lines.  

IMG_6855.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Final thoughts Topless Bus Tour.  You know, I highly recommend it- especially for the price!  It was NOT a HOHO bus tour like we’ve done in many cities.  Nope.  Not that at all- I was totally wrong!  It was a bus tour on a bus with an open air top….  Pretty big difference in terms of experience… 

So, with expectations appropriately managed, it was really well done. Only two stops- the church and old town square for 20 minutes - the church is a must see!  Stunning.  

Second stop was a hour for us to shop snd/or dine (lunch not included).  We enjoyed walking to the beach and had a fantastic and authentic lunch.  The rest of the time was sight seeing from the bus.  A few sprinkles aside, it was lovely.  Very cloudy day so perfect for me!  I’m giving this a two thumbs up!  

IMG_6728.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll board Bliss on the 25th and will be using some of your tips. But mostly I appreciate your joyful attitude thruout your live report. Life is short, let's enjoy the journey. Thank you, and Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

I'll board Bliss on the 25th and will be using some of your tips. But mostly I appreciate your joyful attitude thruout your live report. Life is short, let's enjoy the journey. Thank you, and Cheers!

That is so nice of you to say, @Eggs2Go!  It’s not what I planned- I felt sure I’d land Vibe passes and spend most of our ship time in that enclave.  But it is the vacay I have- ha!  And it has been amazing.  Perfect weather. Amazing service. Stellar food and drinks - and quality family time - hard to argue with any of

that!!  Excited for your turn on the Bliss, so much to love!! 

• Like 2

Currently on padded loungers outside Vibe with the DH  - and with $500 extra dollars in my pocket!  Ha - this area is lovely today.  

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Oh my!  Sad if accidental.  Shame if on purpose.  

The girls stayed on today- said they have been watching it sink all day…. Truly sad! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Currently on padded loungers outside Vibe with the DH  - and with $500 extra dollars in my pocket!  Ha - this area is lovely today.  

image.jpg

I discovered this secret (kinda) in 2022.  It was CC that let me know about the Deck 19 hot tub.  Obv it has become more popular. We cruised in November and there was hardly anyone there.  Another CC poster cruised over New Years…and it was packed.  Timing, I guess is everything.  

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I discovered this secret (kinda) in 2022.  It was CC that let me know about the Deck 19 hot tub.  Obv it has become more popular. We cruised in November and there was hardly anyone there.  Another CC poster cruised over New Years…and it was packed.  Timing, I guess is everything.  

Yes!  You know, same bartenders as Vibe, same amenities (less undresses). Today it is totally chill.  Still kids in the hot tub, but quiet…good to be persistent! 

• Like 1

I’ve not had any pizza this week!  How is NCL pizza these days? MSC pizza was legit- so very good!  Best cruise pizza yet.  Only in the buffet here?? 

I've got my favorite pizza joint here in Fort Myers and I stick with that. Like special stuff on the cruise ship, maybe some escargot or onion soup or osso bucco. Of course, that 7-layer chocolate cake in Cagney's for dessert. Correction: meant to say the 24th for my sailing date. Flying into LA the day before and will be staying at NCL's hotel, the Hilton Checkers downtown. Will be a first; I always thought the cruiseline hotels too expensive for me, but this one is reasonable. And keeps the stress out of travel.

• Like 1

So the observation lounge crowd patterns  are a mystery to me!  Maybe it’s when the buffet closes that it gets slammed??  It is crazy in here!!!

and your chilled wine offerings…

IMG_6857.jpeg

IMG_6856.jpeg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, L1211 said:

I’ve not had any pizza this week!  How is NCL pizza these days? MSC pizza was legit- so very good!  Best cruise pizza yet.  Only in the buffet here?? 

And MSC coffee is awesome.  I even bought two coffee mugs in the gift shop to remind me how good the coffee was.😊

• Like 1

Giving your kid a tablet to watch a cartoon without headphones in a very crowded public place.  Hmmmm - feels like a hard no?    Asking for a friend…

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

And MSC coffee is awesome.  I even bought two coffee mugs in the gift shop to remind me how good the coffee was.😊

I’ve not had any NCL coffee this week!  But know it’s fresh brewed- have witnessed the process.  Have only had Starbucks due to the pkg…. Anyone know if Starbucks is open disembarkation day?? 

38 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

I've got my favorite pizza joint here in Fort Myers and I stick with that. Like special stuff on the cruise ship, maybe some escargot or onion soup or osso bucco. Of course, that 7-layer chocolate cake in Cagney's for dessert. Correction: meant to say the 24th for my sailing date. Flying into LA the day before and will be staying at NCL's hotel, the Hilton Checkers downtown. Will be a first; I always thought the cruiseline hotels too expensive for me, but this one is reasonable. And keeps the stress out of travel.

Yes. We enjoy fine dining on a cruise ship too- it’s been stellar this week! Does NCL have a hotel??!  I did not know that.  Hyatt Long Beach was quite pricy..  enjoy!! 

• Like 1

So, change of plans tonight.  We’d planned Le Bistro without the girls (they only have 2 dining nights, we have 4).  It turns out they have no plans tonight- all their friends they have met are dining with their families.  So, we moved reservations to the Mexican place- Los Cabos??!  It was the only place available for 4 tonight… I was about to call and ask how to cancel our plans when they called the cabin and asked which we planned to make- highly efficient!! 

• Like 2