What is the BEST port excusions to do in Mexico (sailing the Pride)?

You may want to check out the ports of call board. It has plenty of information on different excursions. When we were there we didn't do any organized trips. Just walked around the ports and got massages at the Krystal Hotel in PV. We also went to walmart which was fun seeing everything in spanish.

In PV, my hubby and oldest son did an independent tour called Los Des Vernos (Canopy Tour) where you zipline through the tops of the trees. You reserve it online but you don't give them any credit card info. You simply pay for it when you get there. With the 10% internet discount it is $71.00 a person CASH (but you have to print off the reservation slip from the net and bring it with you to get it) The taxi is $3 a person from the ship to the LDV office. And sometimes it is $4 a person to get back, if you get a dishonest taxi driver on the way back. Total for 2 people was $156.00. They loved it. It is owned by an American. I don't know the ages of your children. Hubby said there was some as young as 6 doing it. It depends on the individual child. There is a 5% surcharge to charge to a credit card.

Youngest son and I walked to the Krystal, but we did not stay long. The sand is that "broken shell" and not good for building sand castles (which is his thing to do) so we spent the rest of the day on the ship.

In Mazatlan, our family of four made reservations with Randi's horses online. It is $45 a person CASH. But she picks you up from the ship and delivers you right back. This price includes all taxi, water taxi transportation to and from.

Tony's Dad matches you up with the horse that fits your abilities. They lead my youngest son (special needs child) and he had a wonderful time.

Cabo: We just took a water taxi to Mangos and drank frozen marq under a shaded lounge chair. My youngest son was pleased with the sand there and spent 3 hours building sand castles. The water taxis were $2 a head each way. And there was never a problem finding one to come or go.

We did the ships canopy tour in PV and it was awesome. First we rode for about an hour out into the jungle/forest in off-road vehicles. Then we flew through the trees (it was a blast and very safe) then we rode back into town. We took the first tour time of the day so we still had plenty of time to explore on our own in the afternoon and then have dinner.

We recommended the company to some friends who were going to PV on a land vacation a couple of months later. Dh still watches the dvd we bought.

Archived