Galveston

cardinalfan

If you are leaving from Galveston, I would recommend that you stay at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. I believe there are two Holiday Inns in Galveston but this one is on the beach. You can leave your car for free and they take you to the port and come back to get you. They were wonderful.

We thought it was wonderful. All of the rooms have a balcony (I think) and the view is beautiful. You look right over the beach.

They do have set times they take you. When you check in, be sure to get your name on the list. They start taking people over at 11:00. You will get a set time. I think they stop at 1:30. You sign up for what time you want and the first ones there get the times they want.

We we got off the Conquest, we had the phone number of the hotel to call but the shuttle was there waiting for us. She did not make us wait for a full shuttle but took us immediately back to to our car.

For us, it was a good experience and I would recommend it.

Hi all,

I know this has been about the HI on the beach...but it started as Galveston.

Just a friendly warning about the Victorian Condo. They recently purchased a Hawthorn Suites franchise so expect improvements (I would think) in the future.

That isn't the warning though. The warning is that the advertised transportation is fine for getting you there...but beware on getting back. We did the self-debarkation and were on the street by 7:15 am ready to leave. No bus. We called the hotel and were informed that the bus driver doesn't come into work until 8:00am.

To review, both the Conquest and the Rhapsody of the Seas get into Galveston around 6:00-6:30 am. Both will be debarking passengers starting about the same time. The Victorian Condo bus driver doesn't get to work until 8:00 am.

We split a cab with another couple. $18 for the 4 of us and luggage.

We were on the road heading out of town by 8:00am.

<sigh>

rns

Archived