Dive shop to the right of the pier

Beachfan98

Does anyone know the name of the dive shop within walking distance of the pier? I snorkled there about 10 years ago and it was great. I heard it has been built up now for commercial use and now charges. Does anyone have any information on this place?

Thanks

Thanks Kenhel

We Have 2 young children with us and are not divers but love to snorkel.

We are going to the turtle farm on a tour. If we can stay in the area would you recommend the Dive Tech over Eden Rock for us to snorkel? Do you have to pay at either place? We have our own equiptment.

Thanks

Both are free to snorkel. If you dive you need to rent tanks. I think that Eden Rock might be better for snorkel, it is too deep at Dive Tech to really see much from above. We did not have time to go to Eden Rock, was planing on a shore dive into the caverns there but ran out of time.

Another excellent spot to snorkel is off of cemetry beach which is at the north end of 7 MB. very shallow and lot of fish and coral. My 12 year old daughter loved it. You can swim out several hundred years from the beach and it is still pretty shallow. It was very quite there as well. when you leave the turtle farm and are heading back towards downtown you will pass a small cemetry on your right side and the public beach access is right there. As well you will find some trees in that area on the beach so that you can get some shade if you like.

Thankyou for the information!

We will probally do Eden Rock because we will be on a tour of the Turtle Farm and we will end up back at the piers. It has been a while since I went to Cayman and I am glad it's still there!

Archived