Any teens 13-15 on Magica 4/9?

lisascruizin

Hi we are first timers on magica 4/9 and my son was asking if any teens

around his age were going too and would want to chat. He belongs to

AOL and if anyone is interested please let me know, there is also a chat room on cruise-reviews I saw the other day. My daughter is 9 and would like to make some new friends as well. Only 16 more days!!!!!!!! If any

adults want to chat that would be great too.

Lisa

hi lisa, my son of 17 and myself are on the cruise also, we cruised last easter same area with costa, when we boarded the ship my son was given an invite to the disco 1st night at 9ish to meet up with other teens, my son may i add was not keen to go, but i insisted that he went and checked it out ( it must of been good as he did not return to me till 2am) from then on i did'nt see much of him while on board, he made friends with quite a few teens from all over the world, which i thought was quite nice, he had a whale of a time and could not wait to book again. i did notice all the children on board were well looked after and entertained, last year there were 600 kids on board between the ages of 0-18 butthey were so well behaved that you didnt notice them, your kids will love it dont worry.

hi lisa, my son of 17 and myself are on the cruise also, we cruised last easter same area with costa, when we boarded the ship my son was given an invite to the disco 1st night at 9ish to meet up with other teens, my son may i add was not keen to go, but i insisted that he went and checked it out ( it must of been good as he did not return to me till 2am) from then on i did'nt see much of him while on board, he made friends with quite a few teens from all over the world, which i thought was quite nice, he had a whale of a time and could not wait to book again. i did notice all the children on board were well looked after and entertained, last year there were 600 kids on board between the ages of 0-18 butthey were so well behaved that you didnt notice them, your kids will love it dont worry.

600 kids!! that may cause complaints from senior citizens on board.

i feel sorry for those poor elderly though

realy didnt see them at all, i was shocked when i was told how many kids on board by cruise director, heard no complaints and there were older generation cruisers on my table no complaints there either, it was what americans call spring break time (i am from uk)so lots of kids off school, lots of families. although i had my son with me, he is my youngest and i am a mature mum so no the kids didnt bother me also. well behaved kids a credit to there parents!

Thanks for the replies, were or are you nervous about giving

teens free reign on the ship? I told my son that he is not

allowed on any open air deck without us, is that crazy? I

have this terrible fear of him falling or getting pushed

overboard? He didn't argue which was a good thing, I

guess it will be different when we are on board? But mom,

he gets to or she gets to! I can hear it now.....

Lisa

4/9 Magica

My wife and I have had the same conversation with our 10 year old son. The unfortunate tragedy on our very ship a couple of months ago really drove this home to us.

We want him to have fun, meet new people, enjoy some time without us watching over him constantly, but how much freedom is too much?

We were on a cruise a couple of years ago and he had free reign of the ship and didn't fall off then. Why would he this time?

You have to say to yourself, hundreds of kids cruise every week. How often do you hear about something as horrific as the girl falling overboard? Fortunately, not too often.

smoking in open air is with less chance than in a stateroom to cause a fire scaled like the one on couple weeks ago. and therefore, not to hurt others. i would believe it makes sense parents pay appropriate attentions to their children regardless where they are if reasonable concerns do exist.

Archived