Shows on Sun Princess

ISABELLA

In case you hadn’t saw or heard this anywhere else.  Princess just pulled the plug on the “Vallora The Pirate Quest” production show.  Since the original cast will be leaving the ship when we reach Ft. Lauderdale, we were the last passengers to see it.  I and many passengers actually thought this was the best of the 3 production shows we’ve seen so far.  I was told that the show was just going to be “re-tooled, so as to be able to make use of all the expensive sets, costumes and electronic visuals.  The cast was sad to hear about this, because it was their favorite to perform.  I guess this must have been in the works for a while, because the new cast members (singers and dancers) were not trained to do Vallora.  Since this new cast, will be on board for the next 6 months (starting on October 9th), the earliest some form of Vallora would return, is after this new cast get replaced.

I asked if this means that only the other current 3 production shows would be used in some form of rotation.  I was told that, and they will likely have more individual acts, while they are in the Caribbean, as it is much easier to get them to and from the ship.

On another note:

Passengers are really complaining about how impossible it is to get in to see the Cirque shows up in The Dome.  People are coming and getting into line 2 or more hours prior to show time in order to get a good seat.  The dirty little secret, is while there may be seating for 250 people, half of those are seated where you can only see what is going on when the performers are up in the air.  When they are performing on the stage or on the ground floor, half of the passengers are seated on the same level, behind other passengers and can’t see past them.

So, you really need to be in the first 50 to 100 people let in, so as to get the best seats that allow you to see the entire show.  And, those are the people who have been waiting the longest.  I spoke with one of the cruise director’s staff members, who has been here since February.  He mentioned that for a while they tried a ticket system, a few days prior to a showing.  However, people were then lining up 2 to 3 hours before the tickets were to be given out, so as to be sure to get one.  And, those tickets just got you into the dome, not a specific seat, so if you wanted a good seat, you had to get in line very early the 2nd time.  So that was no better...even worse, and they gave up on that idea.  

Having these shows in this very small venue was just another very bad idea, that hadn’t been thought out. All they are doing is alienating and making passengers angry.  They would be better off to cancel all these Dome shows, and take a loss on whatever they have to pay the Eloize people to get out of the contract.  Without the shows, passengers could then use The Dome all the time, unlike now, where the Dome closes to passengers, in the afternoons on the days of the shows, in order that the troupe can practice.  Another cause of passenger aggravation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

So, you really need to be in the first 50 to 100 people let in, so as to get the best seats that allow you to see the entire show.  And, those are the people who have been waiting the longest.

From the photo's I saw posted it looks like the front seats in the dome did not have back rests, which would be very uncomfortable to sit in for an hour or so.