Pearl Island Excursion

cowen

Can any of you experienced cruisers give us information on snorkeling on Pearl Island? From the photos we've seen, its looks beautiful.

Also, at the public beach in Lucaya and on Paradise Island is snorkeling offered?

:o

and did the Snorkel off Perl Island...

You take a 45 minute boat ride...

You spen d one hour at the swim beach...

they then take you down by the lighthouse, and give you the snorkel equipment and instruction, and you snorkel in a pretty large fenced in area.

The water can get pretty deep. One of the guys will come out with bread to feed the fish, and it is pretty neat to see literally thousands of fish come up.

You must be able to swim. You can not WALK as the bottom is very rocky. We then returned to the swim beach for an hour, and then returned back on the boat to Nassau.

It was a nice trip, but you have several groups on the Island at the same time. We had the Snorkel, Stingray, Treasure Hunt, and later the Yellow Boat showed up. Each of the snorkel trips had a different fenced in area. (You can actually see the stingrays as they are in the "pen" next to the general swim area.

If you have never snorkeled before, this is a good first trip.

If you have experience, I would recommend the Catamaran Snorkel trip to the reef. If I get back, I will do that one next time.

have fun...

JB

My husband and I just got back from the Carnival Glory and we chose the Pearl Island snorkel tour. I personally wouldn't recommend it. too many people milling around in too small of an area. We didn't even bother to snorkel, just hung out on the swimming beach. A couple of people who did snorkel said they didn't think it was very good. Though I did enjoy the ferry ride over to the island.

Archived