Radisson Miami Biscayne

vesw01

I just won this hotel through Priceline for $75/nt - I looked on the hotels website and they are charging $219.

Has anyone stayed there - if so what are your thoughts or has anyone heard anything about this hotel?

I stayed at the Radisson last May. I was there for a conference, and then a group of us went on a 4 night cruise. It's a nice hotel. I think the $75/night is a good price.

I don't know what time you'll be checking in, but if you need to find a place to eat, there's a Burger King across the street (ugh!). Otherwise, you can walk through the back parking lot and into another building which takes you to the Doubletree Hotel or to a small mall area with a couple of restaurants. Some of them are on the bay. Of course, the hotel has a restaurant.

They had shuttle service to South Beach for $3 one way.

Miami's metro rail system is just a block away from the hotel, and there were a couple of times we rode that to Bayside, which is a really nice outdoor shopping/restaurant area on the bay. The only thing is that it was confusing as to which train to take back to the Radisson. Unless you have a group of people to go with, I don't think I would ride it at night.

We signed up downstairs for their shuttle service to the Port of Miami. I believe it cost $4 pp, and then we tipped the driver.

It's been a year, so I don't know if any of this has changed, or if prices have gone up.

Hope it works out well for you. Let me know what YOU think when you get back.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Stayed at this hotel last year and staying again next Sat. It's fine, great views of the ships from the upper floors through floor to ceiling windows on 2 walls. As mentioned the monorail is at the corner-quick and easy way to get to Bayside. As mentioned, if returning at night, take a cab. Depending on the size of your party, I'd ditch the hotel shuttle and just get a cab to go to the port. It's only a 5 minute drive and around $10.00 or so and you can go on your time.

Archived