Beverage package question - Europe

I remember there was a lot of back and forth about how NCL handled the Free at Sea beverage package in Europe last year. Sometimes it was valid, sometimes no drinks could be had at all, sometimes tax was charged...
I am currently considering an April Med cruise and was wondering what the last status was? I don't think European cruises have started up yet this year but I lost track so don't remember how they handled it at the end of 2023. If anyone who was on a European NCL cruise in late September/October last year (or anyone keeping better tabs on this) could let me know  I would really appreciate it! I would be booking from Europe.

We were on the Breakaway from the 15th July 23, calling at Greece, Malta Italy and France.

We encountered no problems getting drinks with the FAS package.

Before we went a lot of complaints were regarding drinks not being served and/or taxed in Livorno but all seemed to be sorted when we were there.

Unfortunately this is one of those things that can’t be predicted.

How things were working at the end of last season is irrelevant. Things can be fine one week and then there be a problem the next.

The biggest issues have tended to be at the start of the season rather than later. The best guess is that it is misunderstandings or paperwork issues when ships move into the area. By July it is likely that any problems will have been resolved, although nothing is guaranteed.

This is an issue that has been around at times over the past couple of years and is unfortunately very unpredictable.