Holiday's Back

richcrow

For all of your leaving on the Holiday on the 27th, she arrived in Mobile today. And I will have to say that from the ground, she looks great.

It really is good to see her tied up at the Mobile Cruise Terminal.

Richard

are scheduled to go on 4/15 and are so excited. We try to go twice a year, but was scheduled on 8/29 last year when Katrina came shore, so its been a year since our last one.

I am still thinking about going back on her. We lucked up as we were able to cruise last year on the last cruise for the Holiday before FEMA.

Dave

I am wanting to sail on her to complete our "Holiday Class" ships! Does anyone think that Carnival will sail her soon?

She begins her regular schedule of 4 & 5 day cruises starting this coming Monday, March 27th.

Leaving on the Holiday this Monday March 27th. Glad she is in port now. Do not want a repeat of Sensation Last night. The Coast Guard will be able to go over her thoughtly and we hope to leave at the 4:00.m. scheduled sailing.

Would have been cool to get a $50.00 per person shipboard credit and a 25% off future sailings. Oh well, we can get there early and be at the Lido Deck for lunch.

Thanks for the info Rich-we will be on the March 27 sailing and I am glad to know she is in Mobile.

Just had my doggies picked up from my business-they are going to "camp". I am going home now to pack and we are leaving tommorrow morning and driving down.

Thanks for the info Rich-we will be on the March 27 sailing and I am glad to know she is in Mobile.

Just had my doggies picked up from my business-they are going to "camp". I am going home now to pack and we are leaving tommorrow morning and driving down.

Bonniemarie,

Here's hoping that you have a great cruise. I know that you have been waiting a long time for it. When we have to board our dog, we don't refer to it as "camp". We call it as taking him to "lock-up".:rolleyes: Actually it is "going to his condo" since we always put him in one of those luxury suites.

Richard

Bonniemarie,

Here's hoping that you have a great cruise. I know that you have been waiting a long time for it. When we have to board our dog, we don't refer to it as "camp". We call it as taking him to "lock-up".:rolleyes: Actually it is "going to his condo" since we always put him in one of those luxury suites.

Richard

Ha! I've seen those pet condos at Copelands. Pretty sweet accommodations for a dog. Daybed, TV and room service. :)

We will be driving from the midwest sunday-monday to go out on the Holday cruise 3/27. Is there plenty of parking available at the pier? Planning on arriving by 2. I got the directins from online, do these sound correct?

Port of Mobile

Alabama State Docks

Intersection of Beauregard Road and Water Street

Mobile, AL

Directions

From I-65 North or South -

* Take I-65 to I-165

* Exit at Water Street

* Directional signage will be visible

* Security Check-In will take place at the Hank Aaron Loop. All guests will be pre-screened before proceeding to the parking lot and cruise terminal.

From I-10 East or West -

* Exit at Water Street

* Security Check-In will take place at the Hank Aaron Loop. All guests will be pre-screened before proceeding to the parking lot and cruise terminal.

We will be driving from the midwest sunday-monday to go out on the Holday cruise 3/27. Is there plenty of parking available at the pier? Planning on arriving by 2. I got the directins from online, do these sound correct?

Port of Mobile

Alabama State Docks

Mobile, AL

Directions

* Take I-65 to I-165

* Exit at Water Street

From I-10 East or West -

* Exit at Water Street

Skymama,

I placed a link to a map showing directions to the cruise terminal on your other posting.

Richard

Port of Mobile

Alabama State Docks

Mobile, AL

Directions

* Take I-65 to I-165

* Exit at Water Street

From I-10 East or West -

* Exit at Water Street

It is not at Beauregard and Water. That will take you into the container yard. But that is where I-165 ends.

Get off I-165 at Water St. I-165 ends there so just go straight on Water St. When you pass the Mobile Convention Center on the left and the Riverview Plaza Hotel on the right go straight across Govt. St. and stay to the right. (You'll be passing the Exploreum and Imax theater). Whatever you do DO NOT GET BACK ON THE INTERSTATE. It looks like a little alley but it will take you under the interstate on ramps and bring you out right by the terminal on Water St. again.

Richcrow, the directions you highlighted from online are old... that was when the holiday was being docked at at state docks... security check in was behind the exxon station.. I wish they would up date their web site..plus I wish the State highway dept would put up proper signs with proper size...

The easiest way to get to the terminal when coming south on I65 is to follow I65 all the way to I10 and go east. It will be about 3 or 4 miles to the Canal St exit (there is a sign there directing you to the cruise terminal and you can almost reach out and touch the ship,lol). Take the Canal St exit and turn right, the police security will direct you into the terminal area where you can drop off your luggage and proceed directly to the parking garage. After parking, take the elevator back down and proceed to the check in area. Have a great cruise! We are sailing for the third time on the Holiday, June 19.

Futaba951,

Just curious about your screen name. Does it have anything to do with R/C products as Futaba is a major electronics brand for the sport?

Dave

You're the second person to ask me that. No, I grew up in Japan and lived there until I was 18. Went to an American boarding school in Tokyo. Then returned here to the states for college. I've only been back there one time since. Futaba was the name of our neighborhood we lived in and 951 was the zip code.

Richcrow, the directions you highlighted from online are old... that was when the holiday was being docked at at state docks... security check in was behind the exxon station.. I wish they would up date their web site..plus I wish the State highway dept would put up proper signs with proper size...

Jacksplace,

I'm not sure what you are referring to. The link that I provided Skymama on her other posting was to the map showing directions to the cruise terminal that are found on the web site www.mobile.org. They look correct to me. Maybe you are thinking that I highlighted the directions that were in Skymama's original post.

Richard

Archived