Seward Embarkation

tj_shopper

We will be on Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas on 5/24/2024 embarking in Seward.  Our ship does not leave until 8:00 p.m.  We will be checking in at 12:30 p.m.  We'd like to drop off our luggage, check in, have lunch, find our room and then head back out to explore Seward.

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will allow us to do that?  My travel agent sent me this link https://www.seward.com/cruise-guest-info/#:~:text=EMBARKATION %26 DISEMBARKATION&text=Because the town is so,baggage in the cruise terminal.  It's not from RC and I could not find anything from RC that says we could or could not do this.

Anyone have first hand knowledge or have done this before?  Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi there! We are booked on this trip in just a few weeks! What was your first hand experience? Were you allowed to checkin, board, then get back off to explore Seward?

I called RCL directly yesterday and she seemed unsure. After a 10 minute wait, she told me once I board in Seward, I am not allowed back off ship.

What was your experience?

Thanks for the help in advance!

36 minutes ago, jellybean1010 said:

After a 10 minute wait, she told me once I board in Seward, I am not allowed back off ship.

This is accurate.  I confirmed before my sailing that only B2B guests were allowed to disembark.  I checked my luggage and walked around the marina to Major Marine Tours and did a whale watch for 4 hours and then took the free shuttle back to the terminal after.  It was around 4:30ish and there were maybe 5 other people checking in.  I walked right on.  There are amazing tours to set up on your own instead of just sitting on the ship and eating or using the pool all day.  Look into that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

This is accurate.  I confirmed before my sailing that only B2B guests were allowed to disembark.  I checked my luggage and walked around the marina to Major Marine Tours and did a whale watch for 4 hours and then took the free shuttle back to the terminal after.  It was around 4:30ish and there were maybe 5 other people checking in.  I walked right on.  There are amazing tours to set up on your own instead of just sitting on the ship and eating or using the pool all day.  Look into that.  

THANK you SO much for this information! We can plan accordingly! On our cruise's Facebook page, they are trying to push these luggage "holders" for a small fee. Our bus is taking our luggage to the porters. I figured the later check in will be just fine for us!

10 hours ago, jellybean1010 said:

Our bus is taking our luggage to the porters.

I too used a bus transfer (on my own) from Anchorage to Seward.  If your luggage had your cruise ship tags on them they handled it for you.  I did just that and when I arrived at my stateroom after boarding it was waiting for me.  No delays!  There was no charge for this service but I did tip the guys on the bus.  

As a side note there is a Safeway and a convenience store walking distance from the marina and I walked over to the Chevron/Convenience store and grabbed a 12 pack of diet Pepsi.  Yes, it was $12 but that was 75% less than what Celebrity charges per can on board.  Well worth it.  

• Thanks 1