Hawaiian cruises

My fiance and I want to get married on a Royal Caribbean Hawaiian cruise. We are looking at the Serenade of the Seas, and we are waiting on 2007 dates. Has anyone been on this ship or taken the Hawaiian cruise? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! :)

~ Jessi

No, I have never been on this ship, but I had a similar question about our ship and I got the most information by going to the regular boards. There are lots of cruisers that will have a lot of information about the ship and possibly even the best cabin on the boat. Anyway, hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...

I went on the Pride of America for my honeymoon. Overall it was nice, but a very different experience than you get cruising in the Caribbean. I think for us it is partially because of the all-American crew on the Pride of America.

In Hawaii most of the ports are not in a town area, they are in an industrial port. The exceptions are Kona and Lahaina. Unless you book an excursion or tour ahead of time, you really should book rental cars for all of the ports. It will cost less than booking a tour, and all of the islands are fairly easy to navigate. We did this with Thrifty before we left for the cruise. It seems like it is hard to book a car after you're on the cruise, and they fill up quickly. Some of the ports offer shuttles to local shopping centers (Walmart, Hilo Hatties, Kmart, etc), but if you're looking to explore, definitely rent a car!

I agree, go to the Hawaii board in the Ports of Call section. There's endless information there. :)

• 5 weeks later...

We were married in Barbados while sailing on the Serenade last month and it was wonderful. The ship was beautiful and the crew was phenomenal. Of course the crew would be totally different by the time the Serenade goes to Hawaii in 2007.

However, the Serenade mostly does the Southern Caribbean and Alaska. It does one or two cruises to Hawaii during repositioning from Alaska to the Caribbean in October. In 2006 there are two 11 day cruises (one to Hawaii from Vancouver on September 24th and one to Ensenada from Hawaii on October 5th). In 2007, there is only one planned - 15 days RT from San Diego, leaving on October 5th.

Archived