Movies that make you think VACATION!!

Bran8778

On our last cruise we booked a Cat11. Since we new that we would have a vcr in our room we decided to purchase some movies to take with us. We went to a place that buys and sells movies. My wife picked up a movie called icon_smile.gifCLUB PARADISE icon_smile.gif I still cant believe we almost put this movie back. It has become my ultimate vacation movie. Robin Williams, Peter O'toole and Rick Moranis really make this movie a good one.

CLUB PARADISE

HOW ABOUT YOU!! WHATS YOUR FAVORITE VACATION MOVIE???

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;3;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since My Last Cruise

CARNIVAL VICTORY 3/17/2002

CARNIVAL VICTORY 9/8/2002

CARNIVAL SPIRIT 2/28/2003

CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/12/2003

CARNIVAL VICTORY 3/14/2004

Most recent I liked "Boat Trip" and "Pirates of the Caribbean". Both make me thing of being on a cruise!

Judy

RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

I'm with you Freddie's Mama.

I thought "Captain Ron" when I read the topic before I even opened this thread! My husband picked it up in the $5.50 DVD bin at Walmart about 3 years ago and I harrassed him for buying such a stupid movie! After watching it a few times it quickly became a family favorite and we love it! It has Kirt Russell, Martin Short and Mary Kay Place and beautiful shots of the Carribean! It really gets me in the mood for a cruise...(but then again, what doesn't???) icon_biggrin.gif

The Elation June 22, 2003

http://community.webshots.com/user/jenmoreno

We have been joking that our upcoming cruise with my husband's whole family is "The Griswolds Go Cruising"...I agree any Chevy Chase vacation movie would be my pick. "Oink, oink we'll be pigs!"...European is my favorite icon_smile.gif

HM on Inspiration 3/9/03

Sovereign of the Seas 8/17/03 (Just Mom and I)

Imagination 6/17/04 (w/ the Inlaws!)

Cocktail with Tom Cruise... not as crazy about the movie as I am with the setting and the music icon_biggrin.gif Just saw 50 1st Dates and that did it as well... any movie with a good (preferably Jamaican) soundtrack always makes me long for vacation icon_biggrin.gif

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2005;10;30;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Valor Vampires 10/30/05

Sensation 7/03

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

This movie really doesnt make me think of vacation in the way that you mentioned. But on our last cruise everytime we walked into our cabin and turned on the T.V ,litterally every time the movie Castaway was on with Tom Hanks. To this date my daughter whom is now 19 cringes when she see's that movie, She just graduated two weeks ago and as a joke that movie was given to her as a gift since we are leaving on the glory June 19th. What I wouldnt do to have that movie playing when we walk into our cabin this trip.

Not my favorite, but it was on TV the other day. "Speed 2: Cruise Control"

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Out To Sea...and when i'm really wanting to get in the cruise mood, i just get out the promo tape of the carnival destiny we bought before we sailed her in '97!! icon_smile.gif

Marsha

Premier Oceanic 10/89

Carnival Destiny 9/97

Carnival Triumph 10/99

RCCL Majesty-Seas 3/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

CCL Fascination 1/03

Dawn Princess 12/03

Carnival Legend 10/04

It can't be anything too serious for me. icon_razz.gif Comedy, romance, adventure all the way. (Everything you want from an actual cruise)

My list would include

"Weekend @ Bernies"

"Vacation" movies

"Indiana Jones" movies

"Romancing the Stone"

"50 1st Dates"

Or classics like "Some like it Hot"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/24/2004 Carnival Miracle

Imagination 01/2000

Carnival Pride 02/2003

Carnival Spirit 01/2004

Carnival Miracle 10/2004

I agree with "Out to Sea" and "Castaway". The scenes of the tropical island with all that blue-green water makes me think of cruising! icon_cool.gif Of course, the rest of the movie makes me never want to fly over water, which I haven't! icon_eek.gif

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Rhapsody! 12-5-04

Chevy Chase "Vacation" movies do it for me......especially the Las Vegas one. I can just imagine myself driving down to the port and singing "Holiday Road". LOL I "think" that's the name of the song. Oh well!!

Pat Chavez

I was just about to say How Stella got her Groove back cause someone just told me to rent it when she found out I was going to Jamaica. I can't wait to get it..Going on Conquest next month..

mugs.gif

Archived