Snorkeling recommendations in Los Cabos

cruiseteam12

First time cruisers wanting to snorkel (ages 4 to adults) - 3 families, in Los Cabos. Heard the excursions were expensive (we are doing the Vision of the Seas RC Apr 2)....I am looking for recommendations on local tours, locations, and quality of service...been lurking here and decided to post for first time!

Thanks!

When we were in Cabo, we used Blue Adventures. Here's their web site: http://www.aventurasazul.com/snork.htm. We made a reservation, but did not pay until we arrived. They told us that meant they wouldn't wait for us if we were late, but we had no problem getting there in time.

I don't strongly recommend them, but I thought they did a fine job. We had some confusion about which tour we were getting; it wasn't until we were on the tour that we realized it wasn't the one we were expecting, but we were charged for the tour we received, so they weren't trying to rip us off. We certainly saved a lot of money over the ship's excursion, and probably got a better experience.

The guides spoke adequate broken English, but were not fluent. They did not get in the water with us, but were helpful with the gear, and we could decide if we wanted a life jacket or not. My 11 year old daughter was the youngest with us, and it was her first time, but I was the one helping her the most. I can't say how well they would do with younger kids, but if you want a lot of personal attention, then they may not be the best outfit. The boat we were on could probably fit 10-12 people, so that could be a factor as well, depending on how big your group is.

Archived