Just Back from Coral Princess

Bonnie-Jean

How was the weather? Smooth seas or choppy? Did you have traditional or p.c. dining? If it was p.c., could you recommend a table, or a waiter, or a section that you thought was good? Did you take any excursion(s) that you thought was really great, or any you thought was really bad? Could you recommend any shopping spot, store or port that you really enjoyed? Did you visit any of the lounges and if so, what was your favorite entertainer or act? Was there any particular menu item that you thought was head and shoulder above the rest? Are there any definate do's or don'ts that you might pass along to my family as we make our final plans for our April 23 cruise on the Coral? Thank you in advance... I guess I had lots of questions once I got rolling....(you may ignore any of them you wish) Thanks again!!

How was the weather? Smooth seas or choppy? Did you have traditional or p.c. dining? If it was p.c., could you recommend a table, or a waiter, or a section that you thought was good? Did you take any excursion(s) that you thought was really great, or any you thought was really bad? Could you recommend any shopping spot, store or port that you really enjoyed? Did you visit any of the lounges and if so, what was your favorite entertainer or act? Was there any particular menu item that you thought was head and shoulder above the rest? Are there any definate do's or don'ts that you might pass along to my family as we make our final plans for our April 23 cruise on the Coral? Thank you in advance... I guess I had lots of questions once I got rolling....(you may ignore any of them you wish) Thanks again!!

Billy, I can help you with the excursions. What we picked out was after we went past the first lock(Gatun) we went on the Ocean to Ocean tour(I think it is now called a different name) went all the way through to Pacific Ocean. Fablous tour, a little pricey, but worth every dime. Also in Limon, Costa Rica, we took the Eco-Tour of Tortuguero Canal. Highly, highly recommend it. We were there in Feb. of 2004 and the weather was fine. Not too hot or not to cold but as the spring turns to summer it may be more humid. You just never know. We also had Pc Dining, cannot pick a waiter as we were there in 2004 and staff do change. You will enjoy the Coral. Fantastic ship, and as a matter of fact we will be on her for the repo from FLL to S.F. May 3 so just take care of that ship for KarenP and I. Hi Karen. Karen is the poster right below you on this thread.

Marilyn

mii, Thanks for the info...it was very useful. We will be leaving the Coral just as you and KarenP. are boarding...If I spot you guys (which is gonna be tough since I haven't the slightest idea what you look like) we can exchange a "hello/goodbye" high-five! Enjoy you lengthly Coral cruise.

BillyBoat

How was the weather? Smooth seas or choppy?

Weather was fantastic. Not a drop of rain in 10 days. Very unusual, even for this time of year (dry season). Smooth seas the entire time, except for a moderate (4.5 to 7 ft) wind driven swell between Jamaica and Panama (took two ginger capsules when the rockin and rollin started and I was fine within an hour and for the rest of the day and evening).

Did you have traditional or p.c. dining? If it was p.c., could you recommend a table, or a waiter, or a section that you thought was good?

We switched from traditional to PC and highly recommend asking for table 7 (a four-top) or any other table served by Jose and Lucho. Sabatini's was OK, lots of so-so food. Bayou was excellent, try the filet. Lobster tails in the dining room at Captain's Dinner were really, really delicious (and I'm very picky about lobster).

Did you take any excursion(s) that you thought was really great, or any you thought was really bad?

We went with Charlie Soto in Costa Rica and had a fantastic tour (ask for A-1): banana plantation, Tortuguero Canal (saw a sloth, howler monkeys, caiman, large crocodile, many iguanas, sleeping fruit bats, huge blue butterflies), shopping in downtown Limon and lunch at Playa Bonita. Small group (there were 8 in our group), nice clean A/C van, Carlos the guide was very informative, a bargain at $40 pp.

Thanks to everybody for all the great info on my Coral questions! Many great suggestions and terrific ideas! Also, thanks Largin for the pics of the Panama Cruzzers.... what a great bunch of good-looking people!!

The " Coral Croozers" sail from Ft Lauderdale May 3rd:D We're all looking forward to 19 days of sunshine, good food, and lots of new friendships!!

Some of us have been chatting since last March. So we're a lively group and are all looking forward to meeting finally.

This will be the longest cruise for DH and I. We did a 11 day to Hawaii 2 yrs ago and loved it. Also a 10 day to Mexico last Nov. I"m thinking that 7 days is going to way to short from now on:rolleyes:

We disembarked from the Coral yesterday. Weather was lovely, except for Costa Rico. Torrential rain all morning and they made an announcement around 9:30 AM that they were cancelling all tours and calling back the ones that had already left. Refunds were made directly to accounts. A few people going on independent tours did go. One that I talked to said that she had a couple of iffy moments and would not make that choice again. It cleared a bit in the afternoon and we did get off the ship and walk to some of the stalls set up along the pier. Check out the lovely woodwork - got a beautiful salad bowl set for $25.

We took the boat tour at the Canal (formerly Ocean to Ocean) and would definitely recommend it again. There are lots of reviews on the board (I read before I booked) and it's a totally different experience on a small ferry than on the large cruise ship. Great to have both opportunities.

Dottie

Cruserone..We have been on the Caribbean alot too and decided we needed to take in some history by going to Panama. We are booked for the Feb 27 with some friends we met our last cruise on the Sea Princess. Should be lots of fun! We firmed up our room arrangements just today so I guess we can start the countdown.

Archived