What to do in Nassau w/ 5 & 9 y.o. boys?

CTShore

We'll be there with kids ranging in age from 4-13. We've had friends stay at the Atlantis Resort and rave about it. From what I heard, and what we are thinking of doing, is a "tour" there. You can get more details on this board, but it's supposed to resemble the ruins of the lost city, aquarium type setting, etc. I haven't gotten too many details yet, but it sounds like it's just the sort of things kids would enjoy - and we're curious too...

i have been to nassau many times on my annual girls trip and was sure that my DH and DS would not be interested in the town.. So i booked the dolphin encounter. I think my son will really love that! I think it would be great for the ages of your children!!

Hi,

We will be in Nasau on the Navigator of the Seas in Nov. from 1PM to 7PM. Anyone have any info on what to do in port with 2 young boys?

Thanks!

Fun for the whole family.... catch the #10 bus over to Cable Beach Wyndham Hotel.... It's a short walk from the ship to the "bus stop" then the bus leaves you off right in front of the Hotel. You literally are allowed to walk right thru the Hotel to the Beach and sit on it for free.... All they really want you to do is eat/drink there and it's not expensive.... The waitress will come around on the beach....ask for the kids menu!!!

You can for a fee rent jetskis, go parasailing, rent kayaks or just swim.... It's clean and friendly and the kids have a blast there....

:)

If your boys are into pirates, I'd look into the Pirates of Nassau tour. They will take you to forts and tell stories of buccaneer days. I know my niece and nephew loved wielding a sword and answering every question with "Arrrgh!"

Atlantis will probably be boring for kids--with the exception of The Dig that has a special area where you can touch sea creatures like starfish and sea cucumbers. The aquarium is fabulous. There's great shopping for mom!

Maybe a beach party and BBQ?

There is the Dolphin Encounter but that can be a bit pricey. I believe that you can do that in Orlando as well. Just depends on what your little guys are interested in!

Thanks everyone for the great info!

The Cable beach idea sounds like a good deal. We will be in Nassau at the tail end of the trip, so we will probably just be looking to relax and soak up the last of the sun before heading back north!:)

Archived