Star Princess Wedding - What Now?????

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had an upcoming wedding on the Star Princess??

Have you made alternate plans because of the fire, or waiting to see what is happening?

I am getting married on the Star Feb 2007, I am wondering if it will be ok, or if I should make new plans!

Melanie

Yeah, that's what I am hoping. You hear all different things, that it's going to be out three weeks, then some say a year.

I feel really bad for those brides who have weddings booked in the next few months.

Hope all goes well, and they can get her sailing again real soon!

Melanie

Cheer up, Midnight Rain ...

My TA, who is a personal friend, reports that Princess is intent on sailing the Star by 4/2 ... 2006! :D

From what I understand, public rooms were not affected. My guess is, they will put a band-aid on the affected area and deal with it at the next scheduled dry dock.

Don't fret until you have too.

Princess has announced that the ship will be ready to cruise on May 15, 2006. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Early last year we were very upset at Princess because they cancelled us off the Star when they decided to reschedule her to go to Europe on April 30, 2006.

We booked that cruise to the Western Caribbean in September of 2004. Why so far in advance? Because we are having our daughter's wedding on board with 30 family and friends are going with us.

Then they cancelled it and we had to choose an Eastern Caribbean on Caribbean Princess leaving on April 29th. The Bride and Groom's college schedules did not afford us the opportunity to pick a different date.

Obviously, if that had not happened, we would still be booked on the Star for April 30th, and in light of what has happened, we would be facing a cancelled wedding and total devastation for my daughter.

Unfortunately, what has turned into good fortune for us has regretfully turned into very bad fortune for many others. We feel terrible for those affected, especially for all the couples who were getting married on the ship in the next few weeks. We wish them well.

Archived