Why high bathroom threshhold?

crazidude1400

There is a sump pump under the shower that handles the water from the sink and shower.. there is a small holding basin under the shower stall then it is pumped out.

I asked the maint guy when he was working on it.. and that is why the floor is raised.. to handle the plumming. so if a leak does happen, they just take the floor up, instead of tearing the ceiling out of the room below.. also allows for the rooms to be water tight from each other.. so a flood in one cabin won't flow into the one below it..

Sounds good in theory..

Crazi - Did you ever take that Destiny cruise - How was it? Must have missed your review.

Oh, and not a clue as to your original question.

With the evidence, plubing seems to make the most sense.

To the person who asked if I sailed the Destiny:

Yes I did, and my review is below:

I just got back today too...if there are any questions feel free to ask....all I have to say is don't be scared of reviews that have been read, since everything was fine....

this was my 5th cruise

I got to the port at 2:00 PM...and there was little or no wait with a fun pass. The whole process took about thirty to forty five minutes.

I got on board, and everything was wonderful, including my stateroom.

No big lines for buffet. On sea and port days, at 8:00 AM there was little or no line.

There are some major stains in the carpet on the main deck, but nothing that ruined my cruise.

Kids club had to be shut down due to illness on the ship (stomach bug) on wednesday night...my family got sick...

Ports--all were good, but all the same port basically...you have seen one then you have seen them all...aruba was the exception...I went jet skiing however.

The carnival capers seen to have lost their in depthness...they were only two pages long...I don't know why....

the ship was mostly clean...I can't think of any places why not.

Debarkation was ok. It took three hours to get off the boat.... Express debark is at 7:45 Am.

Waterslide was great, but closed on last day at sea due to winds.

Weather was great, except for the last sea day when it was windy and rainy...

do not do the st. john island tour in st. thomas--complete waste of time

in dominica--do a tour with beno...he is great--and for a good price--i didn't get beno himself, but the tour with who he hired is great...i didn't know beno himself was so young. many poor people in dominica

not so many people from sju on the ship...90% of ship from northeast or new york...(including me)

cruise director skip lyons was pretty good, but he was a little rude at times

service ranged from excellent to fair...cabin stewards weren't great, however the dining team was great! Anda was my head waiter, with table 434 in universe dining room, 5:45 dining time

food was pretty good...i just don't understand why they can't have chocolate cake...plain that is...they always have to add something to it...they once had chocolate cake dipped in milk...that turned into wet cake...ew....

a family member vomited in room 2224, and the room smelt the whole cruise...the stewared hated his job...my steward somewhat hated his job...

I only half tipped the stewards, and tipped what I didn't give to the stewards to the dining staff...

the ship didn't go to bed until at least 1 Am...this was quite the fun ship...

any other questions, just ask.....I will be here for some time...

It is different but brief review, however I think it touches the main points.

Archived