4 night Pacific Encounter to Airlie Beach - Shows and Themes question

Hello,

Please advise which nights the production shows are on with a 4 night cruise, and what themes are on when. To the best of your ability based on experience please.

Thanks,

J

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I suspect you haven't received any answers, because you ask an impossible question.  We can tell you which shows & which theme nights they have - but not which nights they are on, or even if they will all be scheduled (given the short duration of your cruise).

Short cruises (less than 7 nights) will have Gatsby and Bianco (white) parties (i.e. theme nights):

https://www.pocruises.com.au/experiences/at-sea/entertainment/themed-events

My guess is that these will be on the 2nd & 3rd nights of your cruise, though I have no idea which order they would be scheduled.

The production shows currently on P&O ships are:

• Let's Misbehave
  • Rock Anthem of the Ages
  • Musicology
  • Seven
  • One
  • Sideshow Alley

They also have a few shows which are "pay to view":

• Purple Rabbit
  • Blanc de Blanc Uncorked

Each ship runs 3x production shows and 1x "pay to view" show.  There is no indication on the P&O website which of these are on which ship:

https://www.pocruises.com.au/experiences/at-sea/entertainment/spectacular-shows

These could be scheduled any time on nights 2-4, but almost certainly not on embarkation day.

I haven't sailed on Pacific Encounter, so I can't tell you from personal experience which shows are on board that particular ship.

Edited by Vader1111

We've sailed on Encounter, but never less than 7 days. It would appear from past experience that Gatsby is usually held on the last night of the cruise and Bianco and Back to School earlier in the cruise. This, of course, may be different on the shorter cruises.

The 'pay for' show is Blanc de Blanc and I think one of the fare included shows is Seven. We saw Blanc de Blanc. A bit ho hum really unless you are into bare bums and boobs. The production values were good, but I wouldn't rave about the show. We weren't shocked (not that we went there expecting to be), but I didn't really find it all that entertaining.

According to the P&O website, Back to School is only done on cruises of 7+ nights - so it won't be held on a 4 night cruise. 

Also, Island Night replaces Back to School night, as of 22nd June.  That's the date for Encounter - the other ships make the change earlier in June.