Warnemunde Cruiseport, Excursions into Berlin?

You guys are fantastic! This was all so helpful, and sorry for the late response- I wanted to do research into the suggestions and really think about it. I am a person who would respond to every comment- but not quite sure about the reply feature with the quoting so thought I would just add a comment. 

I am on the same cruise as N-8 mentioned above and I wonder because we had so much changes to times etc, maybe I was looking at the excursion list when it was shortened because when I checked recently there are many options for my NCL ship excursions into Berlin, maybe they were waiting a bit to release them or not sure. 

Also, seeing the excursions and price list was very helpful coupled with these comments I received here, for my family of 4 we would be looking at at least $1k+ and a commenter here mentioned (and then I watched a YouTube video of a person on the train ride) and it seems like the train ride into Berlin from the port is regular scenery so we decided to do something in the Mecklenburg-Schwerin region (and will just need to visit Berlin in the future or the pieces of the wall that are close to my home). If it was just me and my Husband we may have opted for the long train ride and city visit- but I feel really excited to explore new areas.

I am still figuring out what our plan will be, but a couple neat things about this area grabbed me and I started learning about history. Reading about the tribes in Northern Germany, Hanseatic League, German Empire /Prussia it was quite a historical adventure and am excited about coming up with a couple stops (Now I want to see some brick gothic architecture). I am deciding between Rostock, Wismar, Mollibahn at Bad Doberan, and Schwerin. Probably check train schedules next to see what is doable and come up with a couple main points of interest and loose plans, I'd like to see more than one place because we have a long time in port- but won't need to book an excursion so that part is set 🙂

10 hours ago, Shmmr27 said:

I am still figuring out what our plan will be, but a couple neat things about this area grabbed me and I started learning about history. Reading about the tribes in Northern Germany, Hanseatic League, German Empire /Prussia it was quite a historical adventure and am excited about coming up with a couple stops (Now I want to see some brick gothic architecture). I am deciding between Rostock, Wismar, Mollibahn at Bad Doberan, and Schwerin. Probably check train schedules next to see what is doable and come up with a couple main points of interest and loose plans, I'd like to see more than one place because we have a long time in port- but won't need to book an excursion so that part is set 🙂

There is a nice regional train ticket deal available from that port.  The Mecklenburg-Vorpommern ticket is valid from 9am until after midnight on all the regional trains in the area.  If the group stays together, it's only 35 or 39 euro (depending on the day) for four adults.  

https://www.dbregio-mecklenburg-vorpommern.de/db-regio-mv/tickets-und-tarife/mecklenburg-vorpommern-ticket

I don't think there is an english version of that page, but you can use translate within chrome browser.