Carnival B2B tips?

This is kind of a basic question but does anyone with B2B experience have any tips for check out/check in day? 

We are doing that this summer out of Miami. We have sailed from there many times but have always left the port on checkout day and headed either to an airport or a hotel for extended stay. 

i reckon we will have to debark then chill in terminal until we can board?  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You’ll likely meet in a restaurant or designated area the morning of the first disembarkation along with other B2Bs. Once everyone is off the ship, they will walk you to customs where you will get the picture kiosk again. One time, we didn’t have to get off but all the others we did. Then they walk you back onto the ship and you’re free to do what you want. You could even get off the ship in Miami if you wanted to.

No waiting in the terminal, though. 

Edited by Hoosierpop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Summoning @Jamman54 for his expert advice. 🙂 He's done it many times, we just did it for the first time last month on Vista out of Port Canaveral.

Do you have the same room for both legs? If so, that makes it easier! We had the same room on Vista so we didn't need to pack up - everything was left in place. We spoke to our cabin steward early during the first week to make sure he was aware we were on a B2B and would be staying in the same room. He checked and verified that we were on the B2B list. He was moved to a different location the second week, so we looked for him the last day to give him an extra tip. At that time, he introduced us to our steward for the next leg. Early that week a plate of delicious cookies were delivered to our room.  A B2B letter was left in our room on the last day of the first cruise with 2 drink coupons and 2 coupons for a B2B photo that could be used during the evening on the first day of the second leg. We got a second batch of cookies delivered that night as well - they were better than any other cookies we've had on Carnival previously. 

image.thumb.png.f920039ed8c246f33ea26d2ed111c1a7.png

image.thumb.jpeg.641901f30f92bb7a761bcc8717c013c4.jpeg

The morning of the switchover, we met in Reflections (MDR) at 8:45 am. Crew members were walking around to each table and gave us our new sail & sign cards. There were several delays including an issue with the escalators in the terminal. Shortly after 10:00 they had us all get up and walk out of the dining room only to be held up in the lobby area where they told everyone to find a seat because the ship hadn't been cleared yet. Once we started off the ship and into the terminal, it seemed to take a lot longer than I'd previously read and heard. Not sure what the holdup in the terminal was but once we got to the facial recognition part, it moved a little quicker.

We walked back onto the ship around 10:45 and went straight to our muster station (which fortunately was in Reflections both weeks) where our new cards didn't work. At this point, priority embarkation had already started and we barely made it to the lobby bar to get seats (right by our muster station) before the masses swarmed it. It would have been nice to have a quiet ship to ourselves for a few minutes, but that was not meant to be. So the whole process took 2 hours from the time we were instructed to meet until we were back on the ship. Later in the day a bottle of champagne and a bowl of fruit were delivered to our room.

image.thumb.png.7495feb89e72689ddb30e0eda644e4bd.png

Edited by Knights on the Beach
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

This is kind of a basic question but does anyone with B2B experience have any tips for check out/check in day? 

We are doing that this summer out of Miami. We have sailed from there many times but have always left the port on checkout day and headed either to an airport or a hotel for extended stay. 

i reckon we will have to debark then chill in terminal until we can board?  

What Knights on the Beach posted above is really the gist of it, along with the picture of the B2B letter. Thanks Beth, you did a great job of explaining. I'll just add to remember that they are two separate cruises, so nothing will carry over from one cruise to the other,  such as OBC. You'll have different folio numbers each cruise. You will have to muster each cruise. This B2B that Beth was talking about was a bit of a cluster**** but it happens sometimes,  and it's not always Carnival's fault. You normally will have about an hour where you have the ship to yourselves, but nothing is open,  meaning no drinks until the new guests start boarding. This is also only the protocol for cruises departing in the USA. B2B protocols for cruises leaving say from Europe or Australia are different and I have no first hand knowledge.  😎

• Like 2

I had a terrible turn around on my last cruise out of Miami.  We were walked through customs and proceeded down the hall towards the ship when some macho security guard decided to strut his stuff.  He told us to stop and we stood there for close to 30 minutes.  There were 48 of us and an elderly lady in the group.  Someone had to go get a chair for her to sit down on. They were letting diamonds and platinums on before us.  Then once back on the ship we had to the do the muster drill all over again.  I'm sure some maritime laws changed in those 8 days I was at sea.  

• Haha 1

After seeing all these B2B cruises her on CC, I've started thinking that maybe we should try that for ourselves. Question: Can I just book both cruises online myself or do you need to go through a PVP or anything special?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

After seeing all these B2B cruises her on CC, I've started thinking that maybe we should try that for ourselves. Question: Can I just book both cruises online myself or do you need to go through a PVP or anything special?

You can book both cruises online by yourself if you wish, but we'll always use our PVP. The most important thing for us when booking a B2B is having the same cabin for both legs. A PVP or TA can see more cabins then you can online, so it makes that process easier. Also, you'll want to make sure that your cruises are linked. If you do book them yourself online, you'll need to call Carnival to link them for you. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You can book both cruises online by yourself if you wish, but we'll always use our PVP. The most important thing for us when booking a B2B is having the same cabin for both legs. A PVP or TA can see more cabins then you can online, so it makes that process easier. Also, you'll want to make sure that your cruises are linked. If you do book them yourself online, you'll need to call Carnival to link them for you. :classic_cool:

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your insight 😎

• Like 1

Booking yourself is fine but as @Jamman54 said, Carnival has to manually 'link' them. That requires a call to 1-800. Another good tip is to stop by Guest Services early during cruise #1 and re-confirm that's what their onboard records show. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

I tend to be a little pro-active on things.  We always knew we were going to cruise in Feb.  As soon as the cruises were released, we would book the same room for the B2B cruise.  It sure makes it a lot easier on turn around day.  You may get lucky and be able to book the same room for the both legs but I find it was more successful to book as soon as the rooms are released.  

• Like 2

On 5/10/2024 at 3:53 PM, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to going though the prossess with you and Patty on the Valor

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I tend to be a little pro-active on things.  We always knew we were going to cruise in Feb.  As soon as the cruises were released, we would book the same room for the B2B cruise.  It sure makes it a lot easier on turn around day.  You may get lucky and be able to book the same room for the both legs but I find it was more successful to book as soon as the rooms are released.  

Agree. Most of our B2B cruises are booked two years out. 😎

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, i had no idea there was so much to know.  Ha! 

(We are not in same cabin. One floor apart booked by TA. Interiors but 2nd leg has that front of ship window "interior". We love that room) 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Thanks for the tips, i had no idea there was so much to know.  Ha! 

(We are not in same cabin. One floor apart booked by TA. Interiors but 2nd leg has that front of ship window "interior". We love that room) 

We had different cabins on our Jubilee B2B for the first time.  Not as "seamless" as being in the same cabin but not as "bad" as it could be.  We did not have to pack our hanging clothes.  The cabin steward moved everything for us.  We use a "shoe organizer" that hangs on the bathroom door.  Since the hanging clothes did not have to be packed, there was a lot of available suitcase space.  I simply removed the organizer from the door, laid it on the bed and rolled it up and put it in a suitcase.  When he delivered everything to the new cabin I simply unrolled it and put it on the bathroom door.  The cabin steward makes it as easy as possible.  It is important to understand that CCL treats this as two separate and distinct cruises.  Nothing "carries over" from the first cruise to the second.  Enjoy your experience.