On Koningsdam now

On 5/15/2024 at 2:54 AM, wetterthanwater said:

Maybe I'm being unduly critical but I thought the seminars in the World Stage on Koningsdam were a bit weird. They were given by the cruise director who wad reading off an autocue. Kinda wondered what the point was..

100%

On 5/15/2024 at 4:03 AM, Mary229 said:

Those canned productions bore me to tears but they have avid supporters.  People tell me they love 💗 them 🤷‍♀️.  I don’t get it, I could watch a YouTube video or read a book. I like the lectures of old where people had hands on experience and special knowledge 

100%

Was so disappointed in July last year as I've not done many cruises and had more than 1 person I know recommend the line because of the talks!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 9:42 AM, Cruisin'allovertheworld said:

100%

100%

Was so disappointed in July last year as I've not done many cruises and had more than 1 person I know recommend the line because of the talks!

Hi, Cruisin',

I look forward to HAL's talks. I am sorry that they did not live up to expectations. I hope they improve for our next cruise to Hawaii in January.

Jim

On 5/14/2024 at 4:12 PM, zonk42 said:

I was on Koningsdam last week. Our embarkation and disembarkation experiences were both very smooth and quick. We had a 12:40 flight. Walked off the ship at 7:45 and was at our gate before 9:00 am.

The ship was definitely full, and it was hard to use the Crow’s Nest; always packed. Music walk was excellent. We had great service and food in the MDR, Pinnacle, and Canaletto. Lido was crazy unless you went early. Dive-In was quick. Deli/Pizza very slow. Overall a great cruise; enjoyed the ports and shore excursions as well as the scenic cruising in Glacier Bay and the inside passage on the last sea day.

Hi Zonk42, We will be on the Alaska sailing on the K in 2 weeks. Haven't cruised out of Vancouver for years.

- Can you please tell me - for the embarkation - what time were you at the port? I'll try to see if that would give me a  smoohter experience 🙂 

- Do you happen to know if they serve embarkation lunch in one of the MDR on day 1, or is it mainly on Lido? 

Thank you so much !

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seapad said:

- Do you happen to know if they serve embarkation lunch in one of the MDR on day 1, or is it mainly on Lido? 

Thank you so much !

Hi - not Zonk42, but there has been much discussion that MDR embarkation lunch has been discontinued fleetwide. 😪

So you'll need to plan on Lido, pizza, burger or ... maybe GDC will be open as that's a great lunch alternative on K'dam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - not Zonk42, but there has been much discussion that MDR embarkation lunch has been discontinued fleetwide. 😪

So you'll need to plan on Lido, pizza, burger or ... maybe GDC will be open as that's a great lunch alternative on K'dam.

New York deli 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The best breakfast on Koningsdam is at NY Pizza - they sneakily moved Lido’s Breadboard eggs benedict station there April 2024 to begin the Alaska season as an off menu item. 

If you can get away from the awful piped in soundtracks, you’ll have a better time. 

You have an excellent crew on K’dam. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 3:09 PM, seapad said:

Hi Zonk42, We will be on the Alaska sailing on the K in 2 weeks. Haven't cruised out of Vancouver for years.

- Can you please tell me - for the embarkation - what time were you at the port? I'll try to see if that would give me a  smoohter experience 🙂 

Thank you so much !

Can’t speak to the embarkation lunch, but we took an Uber from our hotel to Canada Place. Arrived around 11:30. Lots of walking, but everything kept moving and were on the ship very quickly. 

• Like 1