Upgrade Bid emails

I'm sailing in an interior cabin on Sky next week. Yesterday I got a third email inviting me to bid for an upgraded room. On previous cruises I've been lucky to receive even 1 such email, so now I'm wondering if I'm going to be on a half empty ship 😂 Is this something that often happens, and I've just not seen it before? I'm also wondering whether to put in a very low ball bid now, because they keep tempting me 🤦‍♀️

Treat it like a lottery ticket! Put in a cheeky low bid; after all you don’t pay unless your bid is accepted and, as there are no ocean view cabins on Sky, you will get a balcony of some sort. Enjoy your cruise whatever room you’re in!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Justpackingmybags said:

Treat it like a lottery ticket! Put in a cheeky low bid; after all you don’t pay unless your bid is accepted and, as there are no ocean view cabins on Sky, you will get a balcony of some sort. Enjoy your cruise whatever room you’re in!

They have premium ocean view apparently, with floor to ceiling windows...looks nice, I'd insert a screenshot if I knew how 😂 edit to add...deck 17

Edited by Scirocco Breeze
Information

We cruise on Sky later in the year, I understand that once the final demand is settled a few days later a passenger is contacted with regards to bidding for an upgrade. We are currently inside. Anyone ideas as to the sort of money to offer for a balcony upgrade ?

Once you get to the bidding site, there’s a slider to put your amount on - per person, or double if you’re sailing solo. There’s an icon that tells you the strength of your bid; I’ve managed with £5 above minimum before now! Good luck