Ray, Reef and Rum Point

oooohDonna

Hi all,

I have been wanting to book this through Nativeway but I am worried because they want us to be there at 8:15 and the boat supposedly gets there at 7:00 AM. They would not wait for us if we are late, I asked, but will get us on a "different" tour. Also, what have you guys paid in the past? I thought I saw it was 40+, but they quoted me $60 pp. That seems kinda high to me. What do you think about this,,,,time frame and price quote?

Thanks

We were on that tour last week. Our ship didn't arrive until 9:00 and our tour started at 10:30. We didn't get back to port until 3:45. I don't know what time your ship departs, but ours left at 5:00. We had plenty of time to make a tender back to the ship.

i have booked the "Ray, Reef and Rum Point" for Oct '06. Cost is $60 which includes lunch at Rum Point. I think Nativeway does a "Ray and Reef "excursion for about $40ish (no Rum Point) :)

Our ship is suppose to arrive a 7am also. They told me the start time is 8:15 also. I am just going with what they say. I plan to get on the earliest tender possible. Hopefully, they just give us that really early time to get people moving in the morning so they can start asap and we can get enjoy the day at a nice pace.:)

B

Howdy All!

Not to confuse things too much, but there is a difference between ship's time and island time.

Ships do not change their time. If you leave from a Florida port, the ship is on Eastern Standard Time or Daylight Saving Time. The island is in the Central time zone with an hour difference from Eastern. So, to put it in a nutshell.....your excursion is an hour later.

Here is Sharon's exact wording in an email to me...

It departs the cruise ship pier at 8:15 AM Central Time (this is 9:15 AM ship time). It completes at 1:30 PM Central Time. The price is $60 USD per person.

I think the time of year you are going is important in this as the Caymans is on EST but I do NOT think they do daylight savings so they are an hour behind DST from April to October. I know today they are on the same time and on the Nativeway sight they say the tour leaves EST. I'm pretty sure the time is related to EST and has to be adjusted for DST so if you are going between April and October you are leaving from Galveston you would be on island time same as boat time. If you go in January for example boat time would be an hour early.

Archived