Rhap of Seas vs Valor

vesw01

Anythoughts...

Valor, E Carib sails from MIA Nassau St Thomas St Maarten

Rhap W Carib sails from Galveston Grand Cayman, Key West and Cozumel

running around the same price for both IT

air is running the same price both cities......

Would love to hear what you have to say......

I have been on both these ships on these itineraries and here are my experiences with them:

Valor - We love this ship and have been on it twice. It is big, beautiful and glitzy. The E. Caribbean itinerary is great and we really enjoyed St. Thomas & St. Maarten. To me, this cruise is one of the best values as we have always been able to get some good rates for the Valor. We think the Broadway-type shows on the Valor are excellent.

ROS - This is a smaller, older ship but is still in great shape. Be aware that most of the passengers will be from Texas. So, expect some fun-loving, down-to-earth people who want to have some fun. It was a more relaxed, easy-going cruise than the Valor. Even the staff seemed friendlier and more laid back. One thing to take into account is how you will be getting from Houston to Galveston for the cruise. We normally get our own airfare, but for this cruise we found a really good cruise deal that included airfare and transportation to/from Houston which made it really nice. As to the itinerary, we had done all those ports before, but it is still fun to do them again. The shows on the ROS aren't quite the same caliber as the Valor, IMO.

I would say the food on both is comparable. Only comment I have about that is that the ROS didn't seem to have to buffet open quite as long as on the Valor (but there is still plenty of opportunity to eat to excess!). Cabins on ROS aren't quite as big as the Valor. The Internet area is open and easily accessible as opposed to the Valor where it is "hidden" behind Winston's bar.

These are just a few comparisons. We enjoyed both cruises very much, but for different reasons. I couldn't say that one is "better" than another. It just depends what you are looking for in a cruise.

I just came off the Valor on Mar 19th and that was my first Carnival cruise in about ten years. To say that Carnival has improved over those ten years would be an understatement. Rhapsody is an older ship and a lot smaller than Valor with it's 110,000 GRT. The cabins on Valor are larger and the two restaurants are excellent. The food was very good and Rosie's Restaurant which is the buffet restaurant was also very good. Right above Rosie's on Deck 10 is "Fish and Chips" which was really great if you enjoy seafood.;)

The two production shows were excellent, but the rest of the shows were forgettable and just OK. The only thing I could even complain about was that they never showed a movie in the afternoons on sea days. They did show "Walk The Line" in the Eagles Lounge, but that was on a port day and was shown at 2PM. Somone I know went to see it and said there were about a dozen people watching the movie.......what waste. :mad: At any rate, I enjoyed our Valor cruise and would not hesitate to go on her again in the future. I don't think you can go wrong with a Valor cruise. :p

Archived