Vibe Purchase Confusion

I am trying to buy the Vibe beach pass for my upcoming cruise in January 2025. On the NCL app as well as the full website, the Vibe pass is indicated as "Too early to book. Check back on September 4, 2024". However I am aware of others on the same cruise that have purchased the pass.

So, does this indicate the passes are sold out? No a significant issue if they are, but it would be clearer to say that rather than "too early to book". When I called NCL, they get the same message but also tell me that Vibe passes are available for all sailings through July 2025 (may have misheard the date). They also cannot tell me if it's sold out as they say that information os not available to them.

Seems like there has to be a better way.

IMG_2746.PNG

9 hours ago, willise said:

However I am aware of others on the same cruise that have purchased the pass.

So...why not ask THEM? Seems like the information they would have would be a whole lot more applicable to your situation than what anyone here might be able to guess instead.

If NCL already told you the passes aren't available, what do you want from us? Are you hoping we tell you they are so that you can call NCL back and tell them that they are wrong because the good folks at Cruise Critic said so?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Called NCL and was given an answer to the question asked. An answer which matched the information displayed online. Why would you call that "unhelpful"? 

They can only strive to give accurate information, not the information one "hopes" to hear.

It's unhelpful because it's not accurate. As I said, there are others on the sailing who have purchased the Vibe pass. Therefore, it is not "too early to book".

If it is sold out, then say that. I find it incredibly hard to believe that an agent working for NCL cannot verify if an item is sold out or not.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, willise said:

It's unhelpful because it's not accurate. As I said, there are others on the sailing who have purchased the Vibe pass. Therefore, it is not "too early to book".

If it is sold out, then say that. I find it incredibly hard to believe that an agent working for NCL cannot verify if an item is sold out or not.

Well if you somehow know "accurate information" then just buy the pass. You know and NCL doesn't ...I get it. 

Since you already know the answer, it just seems that there is less need to drag all of us into your situation with NCL.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, willise said:

I agree with your sentiment.
 I have the same issue with my October 2024 sailing, yet it’s “not too early to book” the Vibe on my March 2025 sailing (same ship) or my Sept 2025 sailing.

The October sailing is one that was cancelled due to ship redeployment so I’m guessing the folks that were booked and decided to stay with the new itinerary were allowed to keep the Vibe passes they had already purchased.

I assume NCL in its never ending money grab doesn’t want to admit it’s sold out, in the hope if there’s a cancellation somebody will be buying. If they say sold out no one is likely to recheck availability.

My advice is to log on the earliest you can on the date they will be “available” and see if you get lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1